5.7L hemi swap into A-body

-

Stacked360

Reaction score
Has it been done? I tried searching the forum with no results. I plan on doing this in my 72' demon but really want to see other peoples results or progress.

What did you do about steering? anything different or stock setup? Modify inner fenders? firewall? what trans did you use on the swap you completed?

On the duster he used a auto 5spd from keisler and a joint from flaming river. The 5.7 slides right in. TTI headers and schumacher mounts. I think they also make headers though and I would get them from the same company. The trans hump had to have a little tiny bit of modification but nothing a hammer won't take care of. All in all it was a very easy swap. O also the oil pan needs to be changed. Since then he has upgraded to rack and pinion and a tubular front end with coil overs but when I did it for him it was still the stock K member and t bars.

http://www.engine-swaps.com/ for the mounts

there is a guy on Lateral-G that is building a bad *** demon with a 6.1 in it. i can't remember his screen name though! i was planning on doing the same to my '69 gtx clone. seems easiest with the alterkation setup. sounds like a good projest,keep us informed!

I don't see any 5.7L mounts on their site. Did you have to call them?

I used the alterK, which made the swap a lot easier. Not to mention the other benefits of it. Centered the motor, among a whole bunch of other mods

9-29 updates 003.jpg

7-18 updates 026.jpg

Jesus, you guy's are doing some of the most awesome custom work I have ever seen. I just cant believe it. These cars should be in a magazine.

I'd love to go with an alterkation kit but I really can't afford it, trying to do a "hobo" version of the alterkation kit with rack and pinion, factory torsion bars, 5.7l hemi and a 545RFE.

I think I know what he did. TTI sells the mounts for the 5.7L to A-body dodge V8 k-frame, but you need the isolators from Schumacher to make them work.

Hi guys,

Im new to your site & i was wondering if you could help i live in Australia i have a Australian Built 1971 Charger, it is based of the American A-body, i have just bought for a 5.7hemi /trans coputer and wiring harness out of a 2008 pick up truck from the States its is on its way to Australia.

Does any one know the best way to go about wiring this thing up, is there any info or digrams on the harness that i can find out there??

or just the best way to do the transplant???

Hi guys,

Im new to your site & i was wondering if you could help i live in Australia i have a Australian Built 1971 Charger, it is based of the American A-body, i have just bought for a 5.7hemi /trans coputer and wiring harness out of a 2008 pick up truck from the States its is on its way to Australia.

Does any one know the best way to go about wiring this thing up, is there any info or digrams on the harness that i can find out there??

or just the best way to do the transplant???

Give Dave Weber a call.. http://www.modernmuscle.biz/index.html

Or Hot wire auto, http://www.hotwireauto.com/?page=sales-dcx

If using the 545rfe transmission, how does it work? I was under the impression this tranny was electronically controlled.

I've been reading a ton about the EFI hemi swaps and read that for $1000 you can get a wiring harness. Does this harness have the wiring for the tranny? DO you have to wire a switch for overdrive? I'd much prefer not to be switching things.

Riddler

-
Back