5.9 magnum threads

-

tooslow

Reaction score
Considering putting a 5.9 Magnum with the overdrive trans in my 68 Cuda vs My old school 6 pack 383?

I did search and not much came up which I find strange? Hmmm. I would think this would have been done to death on here. Can anyone rec a Thread I may have missed

I looked at the Hemi swap section but its to expensive of an option. For that kind of money i could stroke my 383, , EFI, Tremac 5 speed, lighten the front w AL heads and other goodies and SMOKE that 6.1! and still have money to take my GaL to Red Lobster..LOL

look in the trans section overdrive install on there

I think the slick trick is to put a OD behind your 383.

X2,on the 383.How many hours in building ,tuning and sorting it out? My .02.

Whats the gas mileage on the 383, about 1/2 of the 6.1? Id still put the OD behind the 383,you can always EFI it later and pick up 10MPG . 383 wont start? Check carb and coil....6.1 doesnt start, get your laptop and a scan tool out....? ;-(

I have a 5.9 magnum swap in my Dart with my old transmission (904), it was easy except for the parts that were difficult and all the answers to the important questions about the swap are on this forum, plus about 10,000 opinions and incorrectly remembered tips from other folks. It's a fairly easy motor swap, but the transmission swap is where it gets ugly/fabricationy.

-
Back