5-speed options

-
$2500 is real close to what was on the trans at SEMA. i would also like more details on American "made". i built helicopters (MD500N) for a McDonnell Douglas subcontractor in 90/91 and the parts (sub-assemblies) were coming from Korea even then but McD/D claimed "built" in America...

$2500 is real close to what was on the trans at SEMA. i would also like more details on American "made". i built helicopters (MD500N) for a McDonnell Douglas subcontractor in 90/91 and the parts (sub-assemblies) were coming from Korea even then but McD/D claimed "built" in America...
made in America, with asian sub-assemblies....

Yup they do the same with cranks,rods etc.Raw casting shipped from china and then machined here. And they call it made in America...

I doubt its a bolt in deal. There will be mods,always are.

Has to be a few more supra trannys kickin aroound.Maybe your just looking in the wrong place.And if you wait the right deal will come along.

I found mine at the local Pick N Pull for $100, but I live in California. I think we just might have more in this neck of the woods. I'll keep my eyes peeled for any others that come along...

thanks for this ifo,,, ill keep an eye on it,,by then ill know if i like the 3.91 i swapped in to the car or if ill need the 5 speed,,,

Keep in mind I will not be using a center console and I don't care if my interior looks original or not. I made the crossmember out of 1.5x3 square tubing - not the prettiest, but it's stronger than the old one. I held the crossmember in place using the original bolt holes, and then welded it in. The lower crossmember (made of 1/4" plate) is dropped maybe 1" in the center. Overall my upper crossmember is probably 2-3" higher than the original.

The TKO is bulky in the crossmember area. The speedo cable comes out directly in line with the crossmember which could be a problem for you (I will be using the electric speedo signal and plugging the speedo cable hole).

The engine isn't in the car, so I built a jig from the K-member to hold the TKO in the right place. It made things a lot easier when dropping the trans multiple times during test fitting. If anyone is interested I'll sell the jig cheap.

If you need more pics just ask...
Scott

View attachment 123240

View attachment 123241

View attachment 123242

View attachment 123243

View attachment 123244

View attachment 123245

View attachment 123246

View attachment 123247
Hey Scott...I know this is an old post but do you still have that jig?

Gdonovan, I'm putting a TKO600 in a '67 notch. Bought it used out of a late-model Mustang. I had to cut out and fab a new crossmember as well as a tranny mount. I modified the transmission hump quite a bit just to make sure I had enough wiggle room and a good pinion angle. If you decide to go this route I'll be happy to share the pics I took along the way.
I would like to see those photos also and any other info as well
Scott
I would love to see those pics also trying to figure out what trans I want or go gearvenders

-
Back