5-speed options

-
ive seen a few guys mention the t5's. can someone gove me some info on on this? ive got a buddy thats into mustangs and has a few.

I wonder if Jamie Passon will offer a hydraulic clutch set up as well? I'm not a Moparts member, can someone ask him? Either way, I'd buy a trans from Jamie before anyone else. Great guy to deal with.

Wylde1.

ive seen a few guys mention the t5's. can someone gove me some info on on this? ive got a buddy thats into mustangs and has a few.

there is a whole thread on it in the 4 speed section just search for it...if i had the choice to do it again, i probably wouldnt, but thats just me

I dont think the T5 will handle lots of power without mods...

there is a whole thread on it in the 4 speed section just search for it...if i had the choice to do it again, i probably wouldnt, but thats just me

dont like the tranny??? or wouldnt go thru the trouble again???

dont like the tranny??? or wouldnt go thru the trouble again???

well to be honest i guess its not a fair opinion since i havent driven the car yet...in all honesty, a mild v8 daily driver/cruiser car i think is fine with one...but if your putting some decent power, a decent sized tire, and are powershifting and clutch dumping i dont think a t5 wil last a second...they are like timebombs- some guys have em live forever, others break them behind stock mustangs...

nonetheless im sure i will enjoy the tranny since it shifts smooth as butter and has overdrive, but i wish i had just put a tko in from the start if i wanted overdrive, or better yet a regular 833 4 speed with all the work that was involved...who knows though, once i drive the car with the t5 i may love it and never want to change- theres guys running 10 sec. mustangs with stock t5s (obviously on borrowed time) so we'll see what happens:toothy10:

all i know is that i will never, i repeat never go AUTO...the fun factor just isnt there imo

you will be fine im sure,,,10 seconds mustangs with T 5 yes borrowed time,,,,, AUTO,S are for taxi cabs

you will be fine im sure,,,10 seconds mustangs with T 5 yes borrowed time,,,,, AUTO,S are for taxi cabs

I hope so...i plan on dumping the clutch at 4k and powershifting, so if it holds up to that i will definatly be happy lol:toothy10:

I know Jamie and his stuff is top notch! I am waiting for his 5 speed trans to do the auto to manual conversion in my Valiant, just gonna have to do some serious parts selling to get the money.

So Passon is currently developing a 5 speed for Mopars? Will there be a big block version?

Was just looking at the Tremec 5 speed hurst tranny. Looks like the car has to be split down the middle to get that thing in..

Any news about the Passon 5-speed?

Wylde1.

I'm waiting to hear about that too, while I'm going 4-speed in my Dart a 5-speed would be nice to have.

$1500 to $2000 would be in price range for a unit that would bolt in place of an 833.

This is all I had to cut using the Keisler Tremec TKO-600. You can see that there`s not that much of a difference in the shape of the tunnel only the positioning of the shifter. In my case I did not use the metal that Keisler supplied to finish the tunnel but made up an abbreviated version which was a fraction of the size.

Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_1052 (Small).jpg

Recovered_JPEG Digital Camera_66.jpg

i see that hurst is advertising a tremec,with there side mounted shifter to fit in the orignal shifter position,,,

hurst is now owned by a company that ownes other performance companies as welll ,including[ B&M,,, i have recently read that,,some one bought MC,LEOD back out of B&M,,, and that red roberts was back workign for MC,LEOD the company he started and developded,,,any one heard this ???? is the mopar tranny still in thwe works???/COLOR]

If you go to www.mcleodracing.com and look in the forums there are guys asking McLeod when the tranny is going to be done. According to Paul Lee, the president of McLeod, "I would say as of today, we are looking at late summer for release". He said that on April 6. I'm betting no earlier than September. I haven't heard anything more about Passon's tranny since he declared he'd make one after McLeod went public.

If you go to www.mcleodracing.com and look in the forums there are guys asking McLeod when the tranny is going to be done. According to Paul Lee, the president of McLeod, "I would say as of today, we are looking at late summer for release". He said that on April 6. I'm betting no earlier than September. I haven't heard anything more about Passon's tranny since he declared he'd make one after McLeod went public.
anybody read thru the McLeod foruns yet? Claims it is American made....

McLeod Transmission update 4/6/10
Hi all, Thanks for all your interest in McLeod and the upcoming transmission. So there is no confusion, I will give you the latest update and hopefully answer some of your questions.

1. Yes it was introduced as a "new product" at SEMA because it was. No we don't have it ready to ship nor are we taking "pre orders" as some have suggested.

2. Hey, we are trying our best to get it to market. No it is not ready because of some unforseen parts supplier circumstances beyond our control. I will personally not release it until it is 100% ready with all the right parts at the right price (AMERICAN MADE!). If I did that, then the same people who are bashing us now for not releasing it will be back in a hurry to bash us for releasing a product that is not 100% ready.

3. I would say as of today, we are looking at late summer for release, not two years!. It is a fully developed product. It's just a matter of some gear sets made to our specs at the right price. We want to keep the price level as close to what we advertised at SEMA. Really not that complicated, just time consuming testing different vendors.

4. I promise to answer questions as time permits and want to thank all those who have called about the trans. We have thousands of loyal McLeod clutch and product customers throughout our 39 years in business. Those who own a McLeod clutch understand that McLeod only delivers top-of-the-line high performance products.

Bottom line (as John Force always says): We are doing our very best to get this product to market. I understand AND share your frustration. Believe me, I want one for my 1970 Cuda!

Please feel free to return and keep asking questions and I will do my best to answer each one of them. Again, thank you for visiting McLeodracing.com!!

Regards,

Paul Lee
Paul Lee
President
McLeod Racing,LLC
1600 Sierra Madre Circle
Placentia, CA 92870
714 630 2764

Ink,where'd ya find that ? Very cool info and I sure hope the tranny is everything they say it is.As it stands it's the only manual on the market that will stand up to over 600 hp.

I will start saving my nickels...

Ink,where'd ya find that ? Very cool info and I sure hope the tranny is everything they say it is.As it stands it's the only manual on the market that will stand up to over 600 hp.

I will start saving my nickels...
i found it here http://forum.mcleodracing.com/showthread.php?7-Whats-the-status-on-the-New-OD-5-speed

hopefully it will be out soon. they mentioned somewhere in one of the posts that they are going to try to stay close to the price that was announced at sema, what was it, $2500 or so? i put it in my favorites and will keep an eye on it....

Supra turbo trans,dakota bellhousing it's a bolt in deal,very simple(I got one for $300)

I've been considering this, but those R154's are pretty scarce and everyone thinks they are worth gold. Good for you at $300, but I'm seeing $1K and up. I'd rather got TKO at those prices.

I've been considering this, but those R154's are pretty scarce and everyone thinks they are worth gold. Good for you at $300, but I'm seeing $1K and up. I'd rather got TKO at those prices.

I doubt its a bolt in deal. There will be mods,always are.

Has to be a few more supra trannys kickin aroound.Maybe your just looking in the wrong place.And if you wait the right deal will come along.

-
Back