5-speed options

-
if you go with the TKO 500 OR 600 look around you can put it all together much cheaper then buying a complete kit from any of the vendors,,summit sells the TKO for around 2100,, and i just seen it advertised in a mustang magazine for 1700,,,you want the ford TKO for the mopar conversion,,, i have the first quick time scatter shield out of the mold,,and i may not need it now if the MC Leod TURNS OUT TO BE A GOOD DEAL

I have heard about this too, be nice if they come through.

Guys no offense on this. There are allot of goods Ideas on here. The Mcleod guys have great intentions. However they don't have any of these out yet and to make a claim that it will fit with no tunnel mods after what I have seen of it will be a tall order.

That being said. If you go to a Stock TKO you will eliminate the center of your Torsion bar crossmember. The shifter will be on center line not offset like a factory Dart.

The Best price on a TKO is $2095 for a stock TKO500. The Ad you saw for 1700 plus I can assure you unless its used you wont get it for that.

You can also use a 3650 or our lower cost T45 if you don't mind modifying.

Keisler Gene

Guys no offense on this. There are allot of goods Ideas on here. The Mcleod guys have great intentions. However they don't have any of these out yet and to make a claim that it will fit with no tunnel mods after what I have seen of it will be a tall order.

That being said. If you go to a Stock TKO you will eliminate the center of your Torsion bar crossmember. The shifter will be on center line not offset like a factory Dart.

The Best price on a TKO is $2095 for a stock TKO500. The Ad you saw for 1700 plus I can assure you unless its used you wont get it for that.

You can also use a 3650 or our lower cost T45 if you don't mind modifying.

Keisler Gene

gotta have faith brotha...gotta have faith....the mccleod tranny WILL work!!! good things come with time... :)

red roberts is an inovator,,,im waiting to see the mc loed box before i do any thing more,,,

dumb state ment to say wont get a tremec for the advertised price in a mustang magazine for 1700 bucks,,,the TKO are built with the ,mustang people in mind,,and are supplied and sold in bigger volumes to the ford guys,,thats why they can sell them cheaper they buy more,,,,if that werent true then tremec would be building them to fit in all vehicles,,,not needing companies like keislier or classic 5 speed to modifiy parts to adapt them,,, if the mc loed box isnt wat its said to be ill do the tremec swap,,,

You have to mod your tunnel with the TKO any way and you have to cut the trany cross member so I don't see what your talking about there. I just hope the Mcleod does not need the cross member cut. Just need to wait and see.

You have to mod your tunnel with the TKO any way and you have to cut the trany cross member so I don't see what your talking about there. I just hope the Mcleod does not need the cross member cut. Just need to wait and see.

was thinking the exact same thing...the only way a tko will go in there without floor mods would be at the compromise of driveshaft angle (it will be bad!)

red roberts is an inovator,,,im waiting to see the mc loed box before i do any thing more,,,

dumb state ment to say wont get a tremec for the advertised price in a mustang magazine for 1700 bucks,,,the TKO are built with the ,mustang people in mind,,and are supplied and sold in bigger volumes to the ford guys,,thats why they can sell them cheaper they buy more,,,,if that werent true then tremec would be building them to fit in all vehicles,,,not needing companies like keislier or classic 5 speed to modifiy parts to adapt them,,, if the mc loed box isnt wat its said to be ill do the tremec swap,,,

Please give the company's name. Tremec sets the resale price at $2095. I ought to know I am the largest Tremec Reseller. I buy more than Ford Motorsports and a few others combined.

Also you statement about being built for Mustang is also false . The Gm TKO is the number one sold trans in the TKO line up.

I not bragging just giving FACTS.

was thinking the exact same thing...the only way a tko will go in there without floor mods would be at the compromise of driveshaft angle (it will be bad!)

Guys only a small percentage have to cut the Center of the Torsion bar brace.

We make provisions in the Case of the Tremec to clear the Torsion bar brace.

I think what Gene is talking about is that the modified TKO from Keisler is intended to fit without hacking the center out of your cross member.

My comments stem from what I have read about the problems people have had with their headers and a Keisler install, leading me to believe that the output shaft is lower than stock, even with the modified case. I can't say for certain that it is out of range, but to me it doesn't sound ideal. So, from that, I would say that to get the ideal driveshaft angle, even with the modified case, you still have to cut the cross member.

That said, if I had the money I would grab a kit from Keisler just for the modified case. I don't think it solves all the problems, so I would still be modifying the floor, but it would put me so much closer.

i never said keislier was a bad place to do busniess,,,anf the last time i seen a price on a tko from them was 2900 bucks,, all im saying is they had and still have a learning curve,,,but have provided a service to those who choose to buy a complete kit,,that still needs modification to fit some car body styles,,

all im saying is there are cheaper ways to do it if you do your home work,,

i do not have the companys name but it was advertised in a recent fast fords mustang magazine 1700 bucks for a TKO,,and they do fit mustangs much easier then any mopar,,and they sell way more of them to the mustang guys,,,then they do mopar guys,,from what i have been told by a tremec rep at the power tour dark horse performance imports more tremec tranny then any one,,,

IMO there are 2 kinds of mopar guys,,,the rich E body hemi guys and then the rest of us every day working guys,,,all after market companies cater to the E BODY guys,,and forget the rest of us A body guys,,lol

Please give the company's name. Tremec sets the resale price at $2095. I ought to know I am the largest Tremec Reseller. I buy more than Ford Motorsports and a few others combined.

Also you statement about being built for Mustang is also false . The Gm TKO is the number one sold trans in the TKO line up.

I not bragging just giving FACTS.

Guys only a small percentage have to cut the Center of the Torsion bar brace.

We make provisions in the Case of the Tremec to clear the Torsion bar brace.
the salesman in you is showing to much.:-D:-D:-D

I`ve got Keisler`s TKO-600 in my 68 Barracuda. I`m not sure what it entails to put a 5 speed behind a small block. I imagine there are several choices that one could make fit with a little background in fabrication work. I wanted a kit that required little fabrication and no guess work, that`s why I went with the Keisler unit. My car is a big block with 2" headers so it left very little room for clutch linkage. I went with the hydraulic clutch myself. It took a little getting used to but now I`m very happy with it. I`m sure that the kit I got from Keisler was the best fitting, easiest, retro fit 5 speed transmission kit on the market today for our cars. It was also the best, single mod, that I ever made to my car. I can`t say enough about it.

IM000650%20%28Small%29.JPG

I`ve got Keisler`s TKO-600 in my 68 Barracuda. I`m not sure what it entails to put a 5 speed behind a small block. I imagine there are several choices that one could make fit with a little background in fabrication work. I wanted a kit that required little fabrication and no guess work, that`s why I went with the Keisler unit. My car is a big block with 2" headers so it left very little room for clutch linkage. I went with the hydraulic clutch myself. It took a little getting used to but now I`m very happy with it. I`m sure that the kit I got from Keisler was the best fitting, easiest, retro fit 5 speed transmission kit on the market today for our cars. It was also the best, single mod, that I ever made to my car. I can`t say enough about it.

beautiful car,,,,and i do agree one of the best mods you can do to a driver or cruise nite car,,,

My comments stem from what I have read about the problems people have had with their headers and a Keisler install, leading me to believe that the output shaft is lower than stock, even with the modified case. I can't say for certain that it is out of range, but to me it doesn't sound ideal. So, from that, I would say that to get the ideal driveshaft angle, even with the modified case, you still have to cut the cross member.

quote]
exactly! ive got a t5 in my car and even though they are not the same trannies (the tko is actually bigger!) after seeing what was needed for my tranny to go in i am more than comfortable saying that i dont believe a tko, even the modified version, would fit in there nicely with no mods to the floor...pinion angle just seems like it would be too far off

i never said keislier was a bad place to do busniess,,,anf the last time i seen a price on a tko from them was 2900 bucks,, all im saying is they had and still have a learning curve,,,but have provided a service to those who choose to buy a complete kit,,that still needs modification to fit some car body styles,,

all im saying is there are cheaper ways to do it if you do your home work,,

i do not have the companys name but it was advertised in a recent fast fords mustang magazine 1700 bucks for a TKO,,and they do fit mustangs much easier then any mopar,,and they sell way more of them to the mustang guys,,,then they do mopar guys,,from what i have been told by a tremec rep at the power tour dark horse performance imports more tremec tranny then any one,,,

IMO there are 2 kinds of mopar guys,,,the rich E body hemi guys and then the rest of us every day working guys,,,all after market companies cater to the E BODY guys,,and forget the rest of us A body guys,,lol

couldnt agree more! with every word said too! lots of company's out there selling the tko's for bargain prices brand new, just gotta find em! and yes, there are two types of mopar guys, and i cant stand being associated with the former lol but thats another story

Gonna say that you guys are assuming all E-body owners are rich. If that's the case would someone please tell me why I'm still paying rent, have medical bills to pay off, and can't afford to put together my F250?

I have to scrimp and save for my E-body build like a lot of guys have to do.

Gonna say that you guys are assuming all E-body owners are rich. If that's the case would someone please tell me why I'm still paying rent, have medical bills to pay off, and can't afford to put together my F250?

I have to scrimp and save for my E-body build like a lot of guys have to do.

maybe because you have an e-body? LOL jk jk
i was talking about the richie rich e-body guys who can buy 10 hemis if they wanted to, and will brag about it too

back on topic now sorry

yes i have n othing against E BODYS or the guys that own them,,im just saying the aftermarket cars more about the high dollar cars,,even tho there are way more A&B body cars around,,

hopefully MCLEOD will come thru and there 5 speed box wil fit and A body like a glove,,

I'm sure it is a fine kit, not in my budget though.

So what is your budget?

I know of a R154 to SB setup for $650, includes aluminum 143T flywheel, bell, clutch, transimission, and driveline parts on the coast.

I'm sure it is a fine kit, not in my budget though.

I`m sure that`s a major factor when determining what transmission to use. Remember though ,you can spend as much money piecing together a system as you could buying a kit that`s all inclusive. In addition you`ll probably spend less time and heartache doing so.

I`m sure that`s a major factor when determining what transmission to use. Remember though ,you can spend as much money piecing together a system as you could buying a kit that`s all inclusive. In addition you`ll probably spend less time and heartache doing so.

I'm no stranger to fabrication.

Gdonovan, I'm putting a TKO600 in a '67 notch. Bought it used out of a late-model Mustang. I had to cut out and fab a new crossmember as well as a tranny mount. I modified the transmission hump quite a bit just to make sure I had enough wiggle room and a good pinion angle. If you decide to go this route I'll be happy to share the pics I took along the way.

Scott

-
Back