5 years of "Chrysler TorqueFlite A-904 & A-727 Transmissions: How to Rebuild"

-
Love mine.

Well done, Tom !

E2A8C216-D197-4291-9AE1-22C3F5E80954.jpeg

That was a pre-printing choice I did not make. :)
Either way it's a great book. Thanks for that, Tom. .....and I still want you to make me a bypass muffler for Vixen. lol

Just checked . Not in stock

Must have changed item number or something. Thanks

Link works fine for me, other than the stupidity that they expect $68US to mail the book out !

Glad this thread popped up again, I picked up a BB 727 that's "supposedly" ready to go but it's an early unit with... gah I forget it's something to do with the front pump drive? Which I want to upgrade, watched a Precision Transmission video on the 727 and Rich said that's a must-have update to retrofit parts from a later trans.

If I have good reference material and proper work space I'd be interested in tackling it myself. I think I'll grab a copy of this book.

@VOETOM
Tom, I can't believe it's been 5 years already!

I stopped into a Mopar shop in Covington, Tennessee a couple weeks ago and was shocked to find out that he was making B/RB to A-518 adapters and was pretty knowledgeable. If you can include some more info on this in a revised version, I'd appreciate it!
How much for a bypass muffler for my Dakota? It can be a scratch n' dent...:)

Thanks JOS51700! My cost to build them is approaching $800 each. The parts are almost $480 and the labor is $250 and shipping is the rest. Since the last election occurred, prices for all of it skyrocketed. Shipping, labor, and parts especially. And boxes to ship them in!

Thanks all for the support and kind words. It was a lot of work but great fun putting it all together (along with the help from so many).

I got my book from A&A this past Indy swap meet.
I just did a 46RE and am about to an a500. I also have the ATSG book on each.
The front section is very much a 727/904 respectively, but it appears that sonnax and superior don't make as much for the 904/500 as I found for the 727 and 518.
Everyone brags about how great 904s are/but I haven't had the best luck with them lasting even in low-po, daily driver cars. So if I build this 500 I want to add some beef up parts to it. This is going in a D150 behind a built up /6.

After that a500 I have a non LU 78 904 in line after that one

-
Back