$50 Craigslist 360 EXTREME budget rebuild??

-
Literally could not get them off with a normal socket. My torque wrench in reverse was the only thing I have that was long enough to break them loose.

I figured your with Popeye like forearms and buff figure you could have spun those suckers loose with your finger tips.

I figured your with Popeye like forearms and buff figure you could have spun those suckers loose with your finger tips.
hum, I think someone has a crush on j par, or he is a stalker. lmao

Trying to get those bolts off-
Ya know I was a cursen &#! $/@ damn $&/#@ chevy&! $@#/bull-crap!!#&@$/

We got a full rack of 8 balls here.

All in good fun guys.

I'm sure if some of you guys actually had fun, you faces would drop off.

See, that's funny right there. Not as funny as the phylum thing but still funny.

FYI - This thread ain't over til the fat lady sings or the 318 lives. While the motor is basically waiting on paint and it's water pump to be polished the set of free 904 Transmissions that accompanied these motors are being addressed. This and a little personal stuff is the main reason for delays. If interested - transmission part of forum- need help with 904. Cheap $70 rebuild?

75 bucks for harbor freight chicago brand high speed sander/buffer,..amazone got the clay bars cheap enuff and buffin wheels to, need brown then green then white and a loose air stiff cutting wheel and a loose air buffing wheel,..start with sand paper bout 600 grit on down to 300 then clean and then with cuttin wheel an brown bar, buffer at 3000 rpm lay end edge of brown bar in to spinning cuttin wheel for a couple seconds then got to polishing water pump,..you can see n feel when wheel needs more clay bar,..douse n rub down with baby poweder between clay bar cuts,..start with brown,then green then white,..spend this 130 bucks or so and save what ever local polisher charges...20 to 50 bucks id guess,..but youll have supplys and skills to polish out any aluminum you may ever desire...this step box was plum white and pittiful when i started on it...
battery box.jpg

20170422_163013.jpg
I could still use ideas on routing the water lines. Mechanical aftermarket pump with a plate on the fins??
I gutted the thermostat and using short bypass hose so would it hurt or help to just make a short heater hose line from the pump to the intake? I just as easy could pop a piece of hose on and paint it.

Last edited:
View attachment 1715042626 I could still use ideas on routing the water lines. Mechanical aftermarket pump with a plate on the fins??
I gutted the thermostat and using short bypass hose so would it hurt or help to just make a short heater hose line from the pump to the intake? I just as easy could pop a piece of hose on and paint it.
plate on the fins is supposed to help with water flow/cooling. You can buy them aftermarket and install them. I think you can buy the water pump that way also, as an upgrade, from certain carriers

Well that's what I'll do, I'll just do a short crossover for the heater hose and paint it.

Or just block it all off (well, not all). It had over heating problems. I cleaned the water galleys best i could, but I plan on flushing it a few times.

Bringing this thread back to be redirected to the racers part of the forum. Anyone interested in how this turned out can search that part under - Budget racing the old nuts & bolts

Last edited:
-
Back