$50 Craigslist 360 EXTREME budget rebuild??

-
For the most part the engine is done. I'm going to shift my focus to the transmission and basically report back. I may have to start a thread in the racer section for when all this stuff comes together. Along with the 318 race entry.

Last edited:
VHT SP756 BABY!!!

Oh no you didn't!

Definitely a chicane in that paint color.

When you drive the car with this engine, make sure you wear a short skirt and some pump heels if you paint it that color.

No wonder I didn't recognize that paint number.

And it ain't black.

I think he'd do better like this:

"Tan shoes with pink shoe laces, a poka-dot vest, and a big Panama with a purple hat band......"

just had to look that paint number up.
:rofl: If your wife was not in the middle of this, and that this is her eng........Well i would really have to wonder about you:poke::p

Agreed! I would have to wonder about me too LOL if it wasn't for my wife. Remember it's just a little girly 318 and that's what I want people to know for a fact that it was a girl in a little girly 318 that just kick their *** in a bracket race.

just had to look that paint number up.
:rofl: If your wife was not in the middle of this, and that this is her eng........Well i would really have to wonder about you:poke::p

And as far as all this zinc crapalhoes I just text the previous owner and for the last couple years he had been using a 10-40 synthetic and when I asked which brand he completely laughed and said he'd used whatever was on sale for the last 35 thousand miles as long as it wasn't a store brand. And now I need zinc right ? LOL

The 318 that I blew up before the Stroker motor was black if that counts...
Oh no you didn't!

Definitely a chicane in that paint color.

When you drive the car with this engine, make sure you wear a short skirt and some pump heels if you paint it that color.

No wonder I didn't recognize that paint number.

And it ain't black.

Agreed! I would have to wonder about me too...........

JPar, don't expend any energy wondering about yourself, we already do, still haven't determined what phylum to place you in though...........

And as far as all this zinc crapalhoes I just text the previous owner and for the last couple years he had been using a 10-40 synthetic and when I asked which brand he completely laughed and said he'd used whatever was on sale for the last 35 thousand miles as long as it wasn't a store brand. And now I need zinc right ? LOL
THAT's IT!!!! I'm NEVER putting zinc or VR-1 oil in my flat tappet cam cars again! Thanks for saving me money.
:thumbsup:
But hey, lets not quit here, let's make a list:
  • I assembled a motor without a torque wrench, and it went years without ever coming apart: No More Money on Torque Wrenches!
  • NEXT?

I was going to tell you my experience with cam failures..................but never mind. Im one of the crazy one.:thumbsup:
I torqed rod bolts down without a Stretch gauge:eek:

JPar, don't expend any energy wondering about yourself, we already do, still haven't determined what phylum to place you in though...........

Oh damn...using big scientific words here will get you nowhere.

Phylum, chicane, zlost....what next?

40 bucks in paint on a budget build 318,..malarkey! chrome n polished parts to,..think j-par's troll'in on us with this so called budget build!

THAT's IT!!!! I'm NEVER putting zinc or VR-1 oil in my flat tappet cam cars again! Thanks for saving me money.
:thumbsup:
But hey, lets not quit here, let's make a list:
  • I assembled a motor without a torque wrench, and it went years without ever coming apart: No More Money on Torque Wrenches!
  • NEXT?
Who needs assembly lube when you have a juga' used gear oil laying around.:poke: lol

lol,I get stoopid over a torque wrench. If you need to borrow it, I come over drink your beer while you use it, unload it and leave with it.

For some reason I just can't bring myself to use a torque wrench on the intake manifold ?

For some reason I just can't bring myself to use a torque wrench on the intake manifold ?
I only use the torque wrench on the mains, rods, heads, cam gear and oil pump. All else it's by feel, including the rocker arms.

Now that you bring up the rockers I didn't use the torque wrench on those on this motor. I can't forget taking them off though, Geez like 55 lbs or more! It was just another small sign that it was possible it was not rebuilt by a mopar person. The block seemed to be a couple shades of red also.

Now that you bring up the rockers I didn't use the torque wrench on those on this motor. I can't forget taking them off though, Geez like 55 lbs or more! It was just another small sign that it was possible it was not rebuilt by a mopar person. The block seemed to be a couple shades of red also.
LOL... yeah, they only get like 15 lbs of torque

Literally could not get them off with a normal socket. My torque wrench in reverse was the only thing I have that was long enough to break them loose.

-
Back