57 Dodge truck body onto 2000 Durango chassis

-

BRamm

Reaction score
I have a 2000 Dodge Durango 5.9 that I want to put a 1957 dodge truck body onto. I was hoping to find someone with a similar project to toss around ideas with.

I dont have a similar project but i want to say i am a fan of old trucks any make. i do know that people have done 47-55 Chevy 3100 trucks on to S10 frames maybe its similar?

Also "good for you" Id love an old truck to restore but i have to finfish my Mopar first LOL!

I have a 2000 Dodge Durango 5.9 that I want to put a 1957 dodge truck body onto. I was hoping to find someone with a similar project to toss around ideas with.
Welcome to the site! Sounds like a fun project! I have no experience for you but there is a member here that I believe is doing something similar... maybe? But a Chevy truck body. j par Maybe along the way a few things might cross over from each of your projects.

My buddy in Freeport, Illinois has done this swap a couple of times, but he does own a welding shop...

I have a 47 dodge truck on a 74 Ramcharger frame.

The Durango chassis is kinda wide for your 57, a Dakota chassis is about the right width.

I am in the process of finishing putting a 59 dodge on a 2000 dakota chasis. Had to shorten the frame 23 inches and raise the bed floor a few inches to get the stance I was looking for. Other than that the swap was pretty easy. Here is a pic of the stance. Used a 5.9 magnum and 518 46RH trans. No cutting of the tunnel or firewall was necessary.

59.jpg

truck1.jpg

I am in the process of finishing putting a 59 dodge on a 2000 dakota chasis. Had to shorten the frame 23 inches and raise the bed floor a few inches to get the stance I was looking for. Other than that the swap was pretty easy. Here is a pic of the stance. Used a 5.9 magnum and 518 46RH trans. No cutting of the tunnel or firewall was necessary.

View attachment 1716020003

View attachment 1716020004
Just starting a project with my son to put 54 Fargo onto something. Sounds like Dakota is best fit. Was your donar frame an extended cab? Is that why you had to cut 23”?

Just starting a project with my son to put 54 Fargo onto something. Sounds like Dakota is best fit. Was your donar frame an extended cab? Is that why you had to cut 23”?
Yeah it was an extended cab!

-
Back