591 days ago!

-

Art Clark III

Art Clark III
Reaction score
So, 591 days ago I joined this group. I purchased a 66 Dart, this is the second Dart I have owned. The first was a Commando 4 speed. From what I gather reading many articles I had my first Dart zinging along! I was in the low low 14 second area and ready to break into the high 13's. I had a 273 but I did some tuning. I ran a 4:89 gear with M&H tires. I could beat the paints off most every car I met at the street lights, "back in the day.' was was not afraid to churn up 6000 RPM and dump the clutch.

Now, many things have changed. I have another Dart, but I scored a 1971 340! I am putting this motor in with a trans brake 904 with a 3200 stall converter and some TTI headers. Not going to do anything to the motor except check bearings and change out freeze plugs. Hell, with all the factory stuff done to this motor why change! I am running a 4:88 gear in this car and put some frame stiffeners in along with Cal Track and Calvert rear suspension. This car will be the local street beast and I will run the 1/8 mile, maybe 1/4 at some point. Converted to 15 inch bolt pattern and disc in the front.

I am betting I can come off the line like a screaming banshie! I'll be looking for some of these new cars and blow the away in the 1/8!!

COME ON YOU YOUNG GUNS...THE OLD SCHOOL IS HERE!

Well hello Old School, you sound alot like me.

-
Back