6.1 Hemi in a ‘69 Barracuda

-
Did you Try TTi? They sell Schumacher Spool Mounts too.
Biscuit or Spool Mount, either way you need the Oil Block-off and Filter Relocation Kit.
View attachment 1715344969

View attachment 1715344970

I used the Biscuit Mounts and modified the Passenger side Mount and K-Member so I could keep the Stock Filter Location. No need to cut or modify passenger or driver's Insulator/Polyloc.
I made it with a larger insulator mounting surface like stock A-Body mount.
Nothing wrong with a remote oil filter, I just didn't want one... Easy mod.
QA1 should make a Hemi Swap K and Mounts. They are welcome to copy my mods.
Seems like a much better design and better clearance all around.
May not be enough demand to justify production though...

View attachment 1715344971
View attachment 1715344972
QA1 K-Member but I don't see why you could not do the same mod to a stock K.
I love how much clearance it made.
Could probably do a similar mod with the spool mounts.
View attachment 1715344973
My mock-up before the cutting and welding.
View attachment 1715344974

View attachment 1715344975

View attachment 1715344976

That spool mount that TTi sells that you show is for spool k members 73-76. I’m using a stock ‘69 K member which would require the biscuit mount. But I do like the idea of moving the passenger mount on the stock K for the oil filter. I may give some thought to that since I do have some amount (not much!) of fabricating and welding skills. I could probably do that cheaper than the block off plate and relocation filter actually. Hmm decisions decisions....

So does the lower location of the alternator interfere, hence moving it to the top?

The truck cover will interfere up top with the intake manifold. There were spacers available at one time that may take care of that.

With ported heads and intake manifold and the right cam, that car will do 10.80s. Will need drag radials of course.

Run the Jeep srt headers and save your self a bunch of money. look at the build that 408 scamp did on here. we are identical builds I just spent a bunch on tti headers and he didn't....

You sure he used SRT manifolds? They are different from the standard 5.7 manifolds, and the pictures don't look like SRT manifolds to me. Couldn't find anywhere that he said they were either.

Just asking for clarification to make sure it is clear so someone doesn't spend money/time on a setup that might not work.

I know of one install on here with SRT manifolds (not sure Jeep or other), and he had to clearance the passenger side frame rail to use them.

Just trying to verifying the info.

20190605_160947.jpg

Correct. The one pictured is a 6.1 Jeep SRT manifold. The 5.7 Jeep manifolds are a "log" type manifold. The dumps come out in the perfect spots.

Should also note, that, the 6.4 Jeep SRT manifold is a different cat altogether than the 6.1 even. They almost resemble a Chevy truck manifold from the 80's .

Luckily got my hands on a set of 6.1 Jeep manifolds and they are in the mail. Big thanks to O.J. for those!!!

Started cleaning the engine bay to see how good or bad of shape the paint was in. So far, it hasn’t turned out too bad!

B667381-E-28-B6-4-CA2-B84-E-9956-E9-FE495-F.jpg

The driver’s side took a lot of elbow grease to get the caked on gunk. There was something underneath the grease that seemed to be almost bonded to the paint in front of the shock mount opening. It took about an hour to get that one small area cleaned.
0-EE1-E8-AB-D404-4-B23-8-C79-8-E924-D87-B9-F4.jpg

596-A3-CB5-FBCE-4-F51-9-BCD-3-ED4353-FF513.jpg

90-D2-CB41-2-AB2-462-F-9965-4-BFAD32-A1-F23.jpg

3-E43-A0-D4-C038-4-EEE-B63-B-8-DA824607-B9-D.jpg

Looks good! Make sure to snap pics of those SRT Manifolds, installed. We're all countin' on ya!

That's pretty much what mine looked like after I cleaned it up. A little touch up paint, and you're good to go.

Started cleaning the engine bay to see how good or bad of shape the paint was in. So far, it hasn’t turned out too bad!

View attachment 1715345370

The driver’s side took a lot of elbow grease to get the caked on gunk. There was something underneath the grease that seemed to be almost bonded to the paint in front of the shock mount opening. It took about an hour to get that one small area cleaned.
View attachment 1715345371

View attachment 1715345372

View attachment 1715345373

View attachment 1715345374

Have no intentions of doing this, but FOLLOWING thread-------

The 6.1 Jeep manifolds showed up today. These really are neat pieces and appear that they will to do a very good job at keeping tight to the block. I am thinking of cleaning these up I some way, I am just not sure which method yet. Tossing around a few ideas in my head.

F0-DDCA96-5-AC4-4202-84-EF-EB8-A14-EE3-F3-E.jpg

B7615-B70-0217-47-BD-A8-ED-876-E0-B78196-F.jpg

38-E039-A0-AAB7-45-E5-B460-798-DD3208-DD8.jpg

It’s been forever seems since I’ve been back here. Lots of life events have happened over the last couple of years and I’ve started to grow little interest in throwing the money and time into this project unfortunately. I’ve had friends disappointed to hear this as well as some of you may be, but I just need to cut my ties on this one. For now I plan on keeping the 6.1 for a different project. Car and original drivetrain and interior comes with it. If there’s any interest, let me know. I will be posting it up soon.

If you decide on letting the 6.1 go I’d be interested. Sorry for your loss of interest hope life is going better for you or at the least getting better.

Sorry you have to let car go. Car looks like a decent car for someone to build so hopefully gets a good home and gets built back on the road.

This car is a big reason for me to decide to stop on the project. At some point in the future, I will be able to purchase it. It’s so beautifully done, Hemi under the hood, originally a 340 Formula S car, it really needs nothing. So instead of devoting time and money into the project car, I’ll save up for this one and won’t have to put in all the time and effort to build one that won’t be half as nice.

But I do hope to find a home for the project car so it can be put back on the road again one day.

01186E2C-0F79-4525-8870-6D70EB033395.jpeg

A5CBCC1C-0D10-4D15-9446-DF3B6E16D9ED.jpeg

If you decide on letting the 6.1 go I’d be interested. Sorry for your loss of interest hope life is going better for you or at the least getting better.

I am deciding to let the drive train go on this project. I am selling the 6.1, the SRT8 jeep manifolds, engine mounts, and A518 transmission if anyone is interested. I’ll make an official post in the for sale section later. I am overwhelmed with projects and need to get rid of things.

I’ll be looking for it. I just spent a bunch of money on Eagle heads but may be enough left for a 6.1.

I would also be interested in what you're asking.

-
Back