6.1 megasquirt

-

blown71duster

Reaction score
Saw this video on you-tube, made good power. Anyone heard of these guys
EFI source is their name, tuning with a megasquirt ecm bone stock engine with headers made 476 hp
click youtube on bottom right for info.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=appKDkz8ms0"]MegaSquirt Gen3 Hemi - YouTube[/ame]

Interesting, a plug and play harness would be great if it's not too expensive. I'm going to run the MS3 on my motor, and would not mind making life easier, but if cost is $1000 like most Hemi harnesses I think I'll pass.

I tend to agree with you Ramit, a true plug and play harness is going to be expensive because the connectors are so expensive and hard to find. I'll probably have a couple of hundred dollars into my harness and that's reusing all the plugs on the motor and most of the original harness. The little stuff adds up quick.

That being said, this is an important development, because if they are able to hold the cost of a complete kit below 2K that would be 1/2 the price of the Mopar Performance kits and $1300.00 less than the FAST kit. A complete kit would include the MS3 ECU, ignition ignitors, wiring harness, cable operated throttle body. This is basically what FAST sells in their kit. Of course you'd still need to add a fuel system.

For a true game changer, they need to hold the price to around $1600.00. For a complete kit. As this is the price Hot-Wire Auto, charges for a harness and a reprogram on a factory computer. Personally, I don't think ANYONE could reach this price point. A prebuilt MS3 + a wide-band O2 sensor is $850.00, so meeting my VERY arbitrary $1600.00 price point would be very difficult.

Finally, the fact that a completely stock 6.1L Hemi with simply a set of headers put out 476HP is awesome. It means that my projection of 500 HP from a stock 6.1L Hemi with the addition of headers, cam and 85mm throttle body is a realistic.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

-
Back