6.2 hellcat crate motor

-
Some people, would rather spend the coin,than do the research to build a decent mill. I am touchy,about my engines ......

I'm not sure your research could ever amount to what MoPar has put into this engine. Why reinvent the wheel? 700hp that is good for 70,000 miles without batting an eye.
I wonder how many garage built motors could reach 700hp let alone 7,000 (10% of) miles.

Folks are spending $10k on a 500hp 408 stoker with questionable longevity. I'd say the HellCat crate at $12k is a smokin deal, at $17k it is just an option.

I wouldn't spend that on it but some of you guys have that much in your paint job and your car is still in paint jail.

I'm not sure your research could ever amount to what MoPar has put into this engine. Why reinvent the wheel? 700hp that is good for 70,000 miles without batting an eye.
I wonder how many garage built motors could reach 700hp let alone 7,000 (10% of) miles.

Folks are spending $10k on a 500hp 408 stoker with questionable longevity. I'd say the HellCat crate at $12k is a smokin deal, at $17k it is just an option.

I wouldn't spend that on it but some of you guys have that much in your paint job and your car is still in paint jail.

can` wait till someone actually starts tuning on the hellcat engine. see where there is a special aftermarket built mustang that`s supposed to top the mopar in h.p., some achievement! the hellcat is factory!:finga:

can` wait till someone actually starts tuning on the hellcat engine. see where there is a special aftermarket built mustang that`s supposed to top the mopar in h.p., some achievement! the hellcat is factory!:finga:

It has enough straight line power, I want them to start making it better in the twisties.
Even with so many ponys a GT-R, Z06 or 911 would eat it up in a road course.

Ya but the stang' is good looking the "hellkitty" is ugly as sin:violent1::violent1:

It has enough straight line power, I want them to start making it better in the twisties.
Even with so many ponys a GT-R, Z06 or 911 would eat it up in a road course.

That's what the Viper is for :D. Realistically the Challenger will never be as good of a platform for any kind of twisties. Frankly the Mustang and Camaro are in the same boat. You can only tweak and bandaid those cars so much to make them corner. In the long run you need a car that's ultimately built for the application. The Z28 gets huge praise for it's road course prowess, but look what it takes to get it there. Also, most tend to agree the tires are one of the largest parts of that equation. However, stacked up against a Z06 it gets whomped.

There's a balance with pretty much all cars. For instance, you typically give up a smoother ride for better cornering performance (this has gotten much better with adjustable suspension, but it's still there). The same applies with straight-line performance vs. twisties. A car good in corners will usually still do well in a straight line, but a car built specifically for straight-line performance will beat it as it doesn't compromise in other fields.

The gap is certainly closing as technology has developed, but I don't think it will ever really go away. We all want everything in one car, but a lot of times what a car isn't is just as important as what it is. The flaws are what make us appreciate them even more. A 700+ horsepower bruiser that sounds like valkyries descending on a battlefield is the image the car was designed for. It's not supposed to compete in the hypercar segment of 10 sec quarters with matching lap times.

Yeah, I do too. The new Hellcat is just plain awesome. You have to ignore guys like stroked 340. Most are just trouble makers who can't play the game so they just try to destroy it for others.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think stroker340 is wrong also, but that's what he thinks. The new Hellcat looks like a challenger that hit the gym, the meat-head Rob Lowe version. I think the new mustang looks wimpy and kinda Japanese-ish. I'll take the Hell kitten any day over a mustang.

Yeah, everyone has their opinion and are entitled to it. But when people are as outspoken and persistent about it as this guy, they're just being a total jackass on purpose.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think stroker340 is wrong also, but that's what he thinks. The new Hellcat looks like a challenger that hit the gym, the meat-head Rob Lowe version. I think the new mustang looks wimpy and kinda Japanese-ish. I'll take the Hell kitten any day over a mustang.

Yeah, everyone has their opinion and are entitled to it. But when people are as outspoken and persistent about it as this guy, they're just being a total jackass on purpose.

Makes me wonder and no one has asked/stated, where is the Hellcat 6.2 made for the production cars? Would they have 2 separate lines for the same engine? Wonder if the cars engines come from the same plant. If that's the case, then they are all crap?

Makes me wonder and no one has asked/stated, where is the Hellcat 6.2 made for the production cars? Would they have 2 separate lines for the same engine? Wonder if the cars engines come from the same plant. If that's the case, then they are all crap?

Same place..MADE IN MEXICO!!!

Outspoken and persistent two of my best traits...:D:D

Made in mexico,dyno tuned before shipping. It's all built buy robots that are programed by American engineers...so.....

It's an awesome engine and if I could I would swap one in my duster asap!

Me too. I know the extra cost associated with this engine: trans, ecu, rear end, but I am going to have to do that with what I plan to do with a stroked 440. It always cost money. "Speed costs, how fast you wanna go?"

If I cared where something was made I'd probably drive a Honda accord (ohio). I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. I like horsepower. I don't have money for a stroker or a hellcat. My dream would be both, but I'd choose the hellcat, I've had carbed engines for years and my pieced together 5.7 would eat them for lunch (comparing junk to junk). Would love to have double the hp of my hemi with the same manners!

Uh I don't know where some of you whiners are getting your info but the Hellcats are built in Brampton Ontario Canada not Mexico , if your gonna hate because you can't have at least get your hate right . Yeah now ***** about Canadian made before maybe doing some homework to find out what country all the best built North American cars actually get built in .:crybaby::finga:

The engine is machined and assembled in Saltillo Mexico,who gives a rat's ***! It's still a mopar

-
Back