6.4 hemi installation from the bottom.

-

67Baccaruda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm installing a 6.4, TTI headers, and RMS suspension in my 69 Barracuda. I was hoping to drop the car over the suspension with engine (headers installed), and trans. I have one of the USCT k frame carts. The steering will be out. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks in advance...

I did it that way with my RB motor and my 340 car. Definitely the way to go.Sorry no pics at the moment.

I did it that way with my RB motor and my 340 car. Definitely the way to go.Sorry no pics at the moment.
Cool Thanks That's the way I'm going to take the car apart. Trying to stay a step ahead if that's possible lol...

I have done this with gen 3 in an A Body. Absolutely the way to go. Good luck with your build. I should add, when taking out the 318, we dropped it all out the bottom. With a lift it's easy peasy. Even before I had a lift, I started doing it that way on freshly painted cars.

I did mine with a chain fall, but I've seen some here do it with a cherry picker but to me it seems the legs may get in the way? IDK

Thanks Guys feel a bunch better. I have a lift and the USCT cart. I'm sure I will need to take the engine and trans in and out multiple times while I figure out tunnel and firewall mods.

Thats how i did it on my car
Only jackstands, engine lift, and some chain and angle brackets....i picked car up from 2 of k frame bolts....got a 45deg angle bracket from home depot to hook up chain to car and sent it....
Ive lifted up a few cars like this so far

Just built this dolly for about $50. Doesn’t help with lifting the car but certainly will work for rolling the combination underneath. 1x2” tubbing and some steel swivel casters n a harbour freight dolly/block under the trans. HDK k member…

18837B5D-8F43-443E-B5E6-228898A22B36.jpeg

0D82E545-7AA0-4B35-A163-D77607688E1C.jpeg

12B318F3-21A3-46F0-92F6-A4A86F59B27E.jpeg

F19B5CE1-C600-4CD0-BE61-ECE5DE62E95D.jpeg

I just took it apart this way really slick. The new setup will no doubt need to go in and out a few times before everything is all set...

20230116_193021.jpg

I hope you have a Roll Bar in that thing so you don't kill yourself!

TF360 Funny, I've had people ask me why I'm not putting a Hellcat motor in it. A 3000lb car with 500 hp is going to certainly challenge my driving skills.
I hope you have a Roll Bar in that thing so you don't kill yourself!

-
Back