/6 headers

-
I scanned it and the ink is so light I can't get it to show up. If I darken it, one of the lines disappears. If you want to drive over here, I'll be happy to show them to you. :)

Seriously, anyone have any suggestions for improving the quality of the sheet so I can post them?

If you want to drive over here, I'll be happy to show them to you. :)

As attractive as that sounds because it is so darn cold up here and it would be nice to get warmed up a little. I don't think I could be much farther away from you in the lower 48.

I hope you can find a way to post the sheet, I really do have interest in your exhaust if it is everything you say it is.

Chuck

I remember seeing that manifold in a homemade single and twin turbo setup last year in the /6 forums. Looks almost identical exept a turbo was attached.

I scanned it and the ink is so light I can't get it to show up. If I darken it, one of the lines disappears. If you want to drive over here, I'll be happy to show them to you. :)

Seriously, anyone have any suggestions for improving the quality of the sheet so I can post them?

I am so glad that I found a dual exhaust system that I know that will suit my needs Nicely.

I appreciate the comments I got.
And helping me to see other options .

Correct me if I'm wrong but that looks like a single log with 2 collectors welded on. That really is no different than y-piping to simulate dual exhaust.
Just like the /6 thread, there are no numbers just "power is up, believe us" and "better than the hookers, no really we aint fibbing".:roll:

I think we all just really want these to work... i hope the dyno numbers are posted soon 'cause if they are even a little better than stock, i'm in... I think the log look is cool and I have always wanted a dual exhaust . Question for everybody- should I be staying away from the aluminum factory 2bbl intake? I know where there is one with a carb for $100....

Give the aluminum super six intake a good coat of paint and you will be fine. I ran one for years.

The "Power Pipe" I do believe to be a good alternative it a broken stock manifold on a stock build. If you understand fluid dynamics you will see that it just simply can not out perform headers on a built engine.

Thanks 70valiant, I am going to pursue that supersix manifold....

I hope to find some when the time comes.
I will have mine powder coated by a member here
cudachick1968!!

ol school for sure!

twoturbodigget.jpg
[/IMG]

Remember that ".045 aluminized steel tubing" is the same stuff that all those exhaust shops that stare with an "M" and have yellow logos use. I would not expect it to last any longer then any of their exhaust systems do. I still would like to see some numbers based in science and not theory, like dyno numbers where the ONLY change is the exhaust "manifold".

I still have never seen the price of one of these yet. By the looks of it, and the materials stated by the "manufacturer" I don't see more then about $30 to $50 worth of materials in the piece. With basic exhaust fabrication and welding skills I can't see more then an hour to fabricate one of these.

My opinions are based on my over 12 years of exhaust experience, mostly at those "M" yellow logo shops.

TopHat

Wow, 12 years! You ARE experienced. The flanges alone were $100. You're entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong you are. No one asked you to buy one. If you haven't seen the price, you haven't looked. I really like all the links for the dyno sheets for the other manufacturers for slant 6's. We didn't come here advertising and have asked no one to buy one.

Have a nice day. See you at the track.

this thread needs to be locked before it gets ugly

I hope not, all I wanted was a cast iron heat maker off my motor to get farther away from my carb and intake. and a dual exhaust sound on a driver and show car. Just a factory 170 /6 looking good, no shaved head and just a 380 cfm carb. and up grade to a Pertronix ignition.
I see some people are looking.

if this is indeed a log manifold with all 6 exhaust ports emptying into it, then you are NOT going to get the classic six sound.

one thing that the company who makes these could do would be to close the log off in the middle between the two outlets, that would give you the classic sound!

if you consider the front and rear halves of the motor (3 cylinders each), by the firing order, you will never have two cylinders from the same half of the motor firing consecutively. by splitting the exhaust between the motor halves is what gives it the nice pulsing sound but the halves must be isolated from one another throughout the whole system, no h-pipe or crossover can be present.

here is a link to a video of my van making a pass at the track. its is a *gulp* chevy inline six with true dual exhaust and also a 2x2 setup. the sound is not great but you can definitly hear it when it starts rapping.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=6851306

-tim

I think you all should give Mistertwister and Dodgediva the benefit of the doubt! As they said they did not come here advertising the product! They are just explaining to all how it has performed for them. Remember guys without engineering new products,testing,etc where would the Cars be today! I can certainly see where some of you are skeptical as to how this works or not.
Personally to me it looks somewhat restrictive but what they are saying makes sense! But they are saying it works and that they can show you it works. I say let them tell you and show you if you are interested. But at least give them a "FAIR" chance to explain the product and how it has worked.
Remember they did not come here trying to push something off on anyone or trying to make anyone buy the product! Just step back in time and look at some of the inventions people said would never work! Telephones, Phonographs, Airplanes! These folks just may be onto something REALLY BIG! Don't hang them out to dry without a fair chance!
I do not even own a 6 cylinder engine but technology that works gets me excited, especially when someone makes a product that works and is trying to save us car folks some of our hard earned $$$$! So before you say HELL NO IT WON'T WORK, Or CRITICIZE them for trying something new, BE FAIR TO THEM! Sounds like they are being FAIR with us!

I don't think some of yall are looking close ate what I am talking about they are split and should do the job I need.

dodgedeva.jpg

sweet! i couldn't tell they were a two-piece from the pictures! that setup should work GREAT to give the classic rappin sound.
-tim

thats what I said "correct me if I'm wrong" I stand corrected.
That setup should flow just as good as Dutra Duals (for alot less money), but even Doug will admit that clifford shorties are better in the 1/4.

sweet! i couldn't tell they were a two-piece from the pictures! that setup should work GREAT to give the classic rappin sound.
-tim

exactly :thumleft:

I wish I new the size of the exit flange. i.d. for the exhaust system.:scratch:

The Materials are .045 aluminized steel, set on 1/2" cold rolled water jetted flanges with 2 1/4 output connection. Hope this helps. Don

Thank you Mister Twister!! I am sure there will be a pair at my door soon.

Wow, 12 years! You ARE experienced. The flanges alone were $100. You're entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong you are. No one asked you to buy one. If you haven't seen the price, you haven't looked. I really like all the links for the dyno sheets for the other manufacturers for slant 6's. We didn't come here advertising and have asked no one to buy one.

Have a nice day. See you at the track.

Yep, 12 years in exhaust shops, over 22 years as an auto mechanic. How much experience do you have, or is that like your dyno numbers, a secret? $100 for the flanges alone? I still cant see it, but you are entitled to pay whatever you want for your materials.

As far as nobody else posting dyno sheets, most other products have been on the market long enough for consumers to have "real world" tested them and provide feedback to the community. Most other manufactures also don't make claims without something to back them up. On 08-26-2007 "Mister Twister" promised to post dyno sheets on slantsix.org. Still no hard numbers yet.

Established theories of exhaust scavenging and pulse dynamics say your product will not gain any HP or torque and could very probably hurt both. When you are trying to go against established and proven science it helps to have factual proof, not conjecture and hearsay. Factual proof was never provided over on slantsix.org (where I followed the thread closely) and has not been provided here. On slantsix.org at least 2 members claim to have held your product in their own hands, and called it "rat rod technology" (page 4) and that the outside looks good but on the inside (where it counts) that there is some "serious port work" (page 5) to be done.

One last question, is this also a "little nothing board" like you called slantsix.org under the name of DodgeGirl? Just wondering?

The original thread on slantsix.org
http://tinyurl.com/2fsnng
Second thread on slantsix.org
http://tinyurl.com/yutj5n

TopHat

-
Back