/6 headers

-
Hay tophat guess you should have checked on price before you opened your .... ...... If you can get the flanges for less, I would buy them from you.(tophat) As far as nobody else posting dyno sheets, most other products have been on the market long enough for consumers to have "real world" tested them and provide feedback to the community.(MNM) Good point we just built these units 6 months ago. I am sure other header makers had to deal with sceptics just like you. (tophat) Established theories of exhaust scavenging and pulse dynamics say your product will not gain any HP or torque and could very probably hurt both. (MNM) 2 pulls with stock exhaust and 2 with PowerPipe-SC Yes the computer dyno fibed in our favor:cheers:, More HP and foot FPT. Duels would be twice as good:read2:. What about track testing we did and posted? People telling us about the pick up is alot better, 2 to 3 mpg better and sounds alot better,no problems with the install, this is all we need anyways!(tophat) One last question, is this also a "little nothing board" like you called slantsix.(MNM) No we have been treated with respect and open minds the way it should be, agree to disagreeeeee. more to come have A good night Don.

After reading bolth the threads on www.slantsix.org and looking at the Mopars-N-More web site and the forums section (especially the real grown up comment for the slant6 section) http://www.stormcomm.net/forum/ I will be putting Mopars-n-More in the same section as Laysons.

Mikey, If you did order one of these manifolds take lots of pics (if you can get some of the inside even better) and post them. If they are good quality and flow better than say....Dutra Duels then most of us will be proved wrong. Either way Mikey I hope that it works for you and you are happy with your purchase.

OK, I have to put in my 2 cents worth. First off, Don, this is just a FYI. I talked to Clifford on the phone, yesterday, about a few things. They have header flanges available, for $40.00, their part number is 75-0016. Their phone number is 1-888-471-1161.

I am not going to knock the power pipes, because I don't have any idea if they work or not. I have been told, more then once, an idea of mine wouldn't work and it did. Even if they are not better then a stock manifold, they do have a use. What about someone builing a low dollar street rod? Dutra's are pricey, Off the shelf headers, most likley, will not fit, and a stock manifold looks yuckky. That said, unless I missed something, I would like to see a comparison of the power pipe to a stock manifold, with no other changes. Either track times, or engine/chassis dyno numbers.

Let me take a stab at this;

MisterTwister. Your product is unique in the market, both in appearance, and function.
You defense to this is :"I am sure other header makers had to deal with sceptics"

Your design goes against standard design of individual header primary tubes collecting as smoothly as possible into a collector. If you are going to "re-invent the wheel" so to speak, the burdon of proof that your design has value and merits, is purely up to you. In other words, your design will be under challenge until benefits are proven.

To me, it would seem that you would be in much better shape, to do what you need to do to get the dyno results up. Take them to Kinkos, scan them, and post them. I do believe that a great many of your "doubters" would be set at ease if the results we posted.
I would still anticipate some detractors, because of the design of the primaries entering the horizontal tube as opposed to a smooth direction collector (header standard), but at least with the sheet posted, they would have less to argue about.

For the record, it is my belief that the improvements in performance of your design can be largely credited to the increase volume of the "collector". If I was a pulse of exhaust, I would think a standard design, with a smooth merging into the collector, would offer less resistance. My belief is your system offers benefits, because of the dropoff, from a small primary to larger "collector" and that once, the "collector" is pressurized, it will start to flow out the exit of the "header".

I believe that the added volume of your unit is an improvement over the stock manifold, since it has 2x as many exit points, and it is not 6 into 1. I believe that it could be bettered with a long tube standard header, and I believe the best compromise would be a shorty, or 3/4 standard tube header, with quantity 2 of 3 into 1 collectors, to offer the best for flow and fit.

People telling us about the pick up is alot better, 2 to 3 mpg better and sounds alot better,no problems with the install, this is all we need anyways!(tophat)

Where are all these people? I know if I bought a new "latest and greatest thing" and it worked, or didn't, I would want to tell people about it. Oh thats right, you said on ss.org "they did not want to get in to the middle of this" so they are not saying anything. Geeze I would think they would at least post on YOUR own forum, as a customer testimonial. I guess their silence speaks volumes. It seems that you may have sold 1 of these to a member here, hopefully he won't be as "shy" as your "many other customers" and will post his experiences with your product.

Yes I have since seen the price, $250, for a manifold made out of exhaust pipe.

It seems like you just ignore any questions you don't want to answer. It seems that your wife, girlfriend, or whom ever she is, called my 12 years of professional exhaust shop experience in to question.
Wow, 12 years! You ARE experienced.
I asked what her experience level was, or yours MisterTwister. I guess like your dyno numbers, thats something you would rather not have known.

TopHat

Gonna try something and see if it works. Got off my lazy butt and dragged some parts out of the basement for pics. If I can get them to post, it will show the problem with a stock manifold. This is the "good" super six exhaust. The first pic shows the narrowing at the hotbox junction with an exhaust port for reference. The second pic shows how small the port in the main log is. Anything would be better than the stocker.

Shrunken exhaust1.jpg

Shrunken exhaust2.jpg

I think that this needs to be said, I am going to have a set of these for a 170 /6, March 3rd, I am by no way a tec on this flow stuff,
But I think my carb and intake will stay cooler, and the install is guaranteed to fit with no hassle and use a stock gasket.
I will not be using this /6 for high horse power or rpm's, Just to clean up under my hood, for show and a good sound and better gas milage.
360scamp I will take this set of manifolds to bro ken and get some good pic's of them inside and out, Then I will give them a good test when my 63 gets home. I will tune and prep the 63 and give my results of gas mileage, and power changes, then switch to the new ones and see what happen,s
I have seen exhaust like this on power units that run 24 hours a day on rice field water pumpers to Onan power units.
Like I said, I am not a tec in this field, and To be honest I hope they do all Mister Twister has said. He has answered all my questions and seems to be sincere.

duals.jpg

pic007.jpg

Glad to see Mr. Twister and his wife are over here looking for new fools.

Johnny dart, what size carb is that? cfm? I had the same set up and it totally bogged down. So I went to the 2 barrel.

What !!
I was always told to never use that word!!
Geese that was un called for.

have a nicer day tomorrow slantzilla.:clock:

Look's like one found us!!! Have you ever heard of cyber stalking? This is why we left that other board!!! Keep it up, you are acting like a kid. We did not ask anyone to buy these. Leave the bull .... off this board. It might be Ok to say that .... on the little click board. Get A life and leave us alone. Here is something for you all to critique, scavange this, Have a nice night Don.
headers.jpg

Well at least that LOOKS like a header. But I thought the "power pipe" was supposed to be "better then a header." (post 14 of THIS thread, by you) Then why build headers?

MisterTwister, you still haven't addressed my response to you in post #56, which only leads me to believe that you and DodgeDiva think that that information will not be conducive to your sales. I stated my experience, 12 years in exhaust shops, and 22 years as an auto mechanic. What is your experience MisterTwister? What is DodgeDiva's experience? Well got an answer?

By the way, on ss.org being a "little nothing" of a board, ss.org has 3307 registered users, your forum has 8 registered users, including you and DodgeDiva. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

TopHat

All right guys, Lets stop the bickering and arguments and get back on track. Everyone has opinions of what works and what doesnt.
Just hear each other out . No need to ruin a good thread with disagreements.

Mister Twister, why don't you just put an end to all speculation and scepticism by either posting the dyno figures, or having a well-known and respected builder in the Mopar community observe the testing, and vouch for your product. You know... a paid spokesperson. Manufacturers claims are just that... claims. Until you have verifiable numbers to back the claims, forget selling the Power Pipe to anyone here. We're only asking you to prove that what you're telling us is true. Is that too much to ask? How difficult can it be?

As far as being a businessman representing a product, you're doing a poor job. Your attitude is gonna keep a lot of folks from buying your products (Power Pipe or anything else), whether you back your claims or not. It's a new world out there as far as marketing is concerned. Consumers are much more knowledgeable, and conscious of how they spend their dollars. Read that last paragraph again, sir. Then read it again.

Prove your claim... or just let the furor die down. We welcome you as a member, but stop throwing fuel on the flames.

OK, I have to put in my 2 cents worth. First off, Don, this is just a FYI. I talked to Clifford on the phone, yesterday, about a few things. They have header flanges available, for $40.00, their part number is 75-0016. Their phone number is 1-888-471-1161.

I am not going to knock the power pipes, because I don't have any idea if they work or not. I have been told, more then once, an idea of mine wouldn't work and it did. Even if they are not better then a stock manifold, they do have a use. What about someone builing a low dollar street rod? Dutra's are pricey, Off the shelf headers, most likley, will not fit, and a stock manifold looks yuckky. That said, unless I missed something, I would like to see a comparison of the power pipe to a stock manifold, with no other changes. Either track times, or engine/chassis dyno numbers.
Thank you for the info, we have call that # many times with no answer? We will keep trying. Here is the stock manifold http://www.stormcomm.net/moparsnmore/stockman.jpgand the PowerPipe-SC http://www.stormcomm.net/moparsnmore/powerp.jpg no changes but the exhaust . No dyno on the Duel's yet, but the math says it will be alot better!! Hope to do this soon, anyone have some dyno time left? We would do the change on site for all to see Don

Well at least that LOOKS like a header. But I thought the "power pipe" was supposed to be "better then a header." (post 14 of THIS thread, by you) Then why build headers?
Cause I can!!! Some people don't like to be different.

MisterTwister, you still haven't addressed my response to you in post #56, which only leads me to believe that you and DodgeDiva think that that information will not be conducive to your sales. I stated my experience, 12 years in exhaust shops, and 22 years as an auto mechanic. What is your experience MisterTwister? What is DodgeDiva's experience? Well got an answer?
Look's like we have around the same amount of knowledge, x-midas man myself and still use the shop when needed hmmmmm as for dodgdiva replaced her first water pump in 1973.

By the way, on ss.org being a "little nothing" of a board, ss.org has 3307 registered users, your forum has 8 registered users, including you and DodgeDiva.
Correction 3305. Our private board has A few fine select people thats correct Have A nice day Don

Mister Twister, why don't you just put an end to all speculation and scepticism by either posting the dyno figures, or having a well-known and respected builder in the Mopar community observe the testing, and vouch for your product. You know... a paid spokesperson. Manufacturers claims are just that... claims. Until you have verifiable numbers to back the claims, forget selling the Power Pipe to anyone here. We're only asking you to prove that what you're telling us is true. Is that too much to ask? How difficult can it be?

As far as being a businessman representing a product, you're doing a poor job. Your attitude is gonna keep a lot of folks from buying your products (Power Pipe or anything else), whether you back your claims or not. It's a new world out there as far as marketing is concerned. Consumers are much more knowledgeable, and conscious of how they spend their dollars. Read that last paragraph again, sir. Then read it again.

Prove your claim... or just let the furor die down. We welcome you as a member, but stop throwing fuel on the flames.
The gas can is empty, hope this helps

-
Back