/6 headers

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this style header before, or used them.

I hope I don't get in trouble for this.

8)

slant6headers.jpg

Big discussion over at slant6.org. Guy would never give any specs, price or any info on them.

Here It is, Looks like it would be good to me $250.00 free shiping.

dodgedeva2.jpg

Is it just me or do I see better flow?
or bad, or do you think it would mater on a 170 /6?

Hello all . What info do you need. We will be glad to answer any questions. I am the one who built these units, with more to come. Med and long tube soon.
PowerPipe-SC Info= air in 1.5x6=9+3= 12 divided by 2.25 air restriction = 5.33
Stock Exhaust= air in 1.5x6=9+2= 11 divided by 2.00 air restriction= 5.50
you see lower # means less restriction in air flow by .17 Thay do work!!!
PowerPipe-DC
The air flow test was on the single connection,here is the duels even better yet! 1.5X6=9+3=12 divided by 4.5 air restriction= 2.6 remember lower # means less air flow restriction.

The Materials are .045 aluminized steel, set on 1/2" flanges with 2 1/4 output connection. Hope this helps. Don
And Dartman the info was given just not recived correctly. Have A good day

I like your product:thumbrig: and I see you have a two barrel intake for sale on your site
I will be using your storm manifolds for my 170 when it gets here.
I hope I have not crossed the line here:blackeye: I seen your headers on a motor on ebay and had to find out where to get some.:wave:
I like your site, and will be keeping an eye on your parts too.
Thank you Mister Twister. I hope to see more nice phases of your work:thumbrig:

memike, you are a treasure. Where did you find these? I've been looking for something like this for 2 years now. Dutra dual flow for half the price with half the weight? Gotta love it. There shouldn't be any problems running these on a 170 with a stock intake. Should be about like pulling the tater out of your exhaust pipe. My hat is off to you sir. I'm ordering a set of these as soon as I can get back on my feet and talk the missus into it. That shouldn't take too much longer since I am down to one crutch and I bought her a sewing machine yesterday.

Hello memike and grumpuscreature ,thank you all for comments. When we first got back into the slant thing, noticed that the prices for us have gone through the roof for after market parts and they are hard to find. We started with the shortys first, they will fit almost any automobile with a slant/6.:cheers: Have A good day and talk to yall soon. Hope to see yall @ MNM Don

Could be wrong but i see no scavenging effect and pulse reversion on these. I do not think personnally there would be any power gain. Probably a loss.Primary lenghth and collector size contribute significantly to the power band.These look like a dump exhaust and would kill low end although they may show power gains on the top end.Theres a lot of science involved in a good set of headers. The pit stop section of the September 2007 issue of Hot Rod magazine covers this in detail.

memike, you are a treasure. Where did you find these? I've been looking for something like this for 2 years now. Dutra dual flow for half the price with half the weight? Gotta love it. There shouldn't be any problems running these on a 170 with a stock intake. Should be about like pulling the tater out of your exhaust pipe. My hat is off to you sir. I'm ordering a set of these as soon as I can get back on my feet and talk the missus into it. That shouldn't take too much longer since I am down to one crutch and I bought her a sewing machine yesterday.

Where did I find these, I was searching ebay for a two barrel intake for a /6 and found them on a motor that was selling his or her intake to go with a four barrel. I emailed them about the headers and intake and they got back with me and sent the site to, I think dodgedeva here helped me find them or she is on the web site with here duster.
Soon I will be getting a set of dual exhaust headers from them.
Still waiting on the phone call on the little Valiant.
Sure wish I could find a two barrel aluminum intake know.

Thanks sir and glad to here you are doing better and are getting around.
Keep up the therapy.

I finally got to help some folks here with something.:cheers:

Dyno testing, showed more foot pounds and HP gains. Track testing also gained in 60' 330' and so on. DodgeDiva's car has hooker super comps, running the same motor, carb, gear, ect. When she took off before me, I was able to run her down by the 60' every time? So much for the low end loss. Both RPM range with stock cams is 2200rpm to 4200 rpm now but will change soon. I feel the long tube hookers are just starting to work good for her, when she shifts. That is why we are going to take the Hookers off and install PowerPipe-DC on her stock motor. We will post her times when this is done. No testing at high RPM range yet. Have a good day back to work!! see ya

Could be wrong but i see no scavenging effect and pulse reversion on these. I do not think personnally there would be any power gain. Probably a loss.Primary lenghth and collector size contribute significantly to the power band.These look like a dump exhaust and would kill low end although they may show power gains on the top end.Theres a lot of science involved in a good set of headers. The pit stop section of the September 2007 issue of Hot Rod magazine covers this in detail.
All good points, but we are talking about an engine whose best exhaust at this time is a hacked up stock manifold with an additional cast iron manifold that has none of the virtues you describe, and you will pay around $400 for the privilege of running it when the supplier deigns to send you one. Your other options are high priced headers that may or may not be available or fit, and have no real flow benefits until you reach revs that stock slants refuse to go to. Gotta remember that the crank goes into terminal harmonic shake at 2250 RPM (4 main bearings). Slants are not high rev screamers so a lot of the popular header design is out the window. The real power killer is the exhaust manifold (I've cut one up) and any improvement over stock is welcome. To find that for a reasonable price is rare.

Your other options are high priced headers that may or may not be available or fit, and have no real flow benefits until you reach revs that stock slants refuse to go to. Gotta remember that the crank goes into terminal harmonic shake at 2250 RPM (4 main bearings). Slants are not high rev screamers .

Then how come my 66 Cuda goes thru the traps a 7,200 rpm, with a 170 slant six, and my 66 Valiant 225 at the present time is about 6,000 rpm, but it is laying over. It needs some more tuning.

Daredevil, I agree with the fact that you can put almost as much engineering in an exhaust as the internal engine components, but compared to a stock manifold, it looks pretty darn good. I also don't think these should be compared to long tube headers just to the stock manifold. Grump has a good point "Dutra dual flow for half the price with half the weight? Gotta love it." I'd be down for a set if I could stop spending money on other stuff. :) These are top on my list compared to the unwieldy long tubes

No disrespect intended,but that manifold looks very restrictive.
Dont see how it could outflow any header,or a Dutra Dual for that matter.Looks like the old boat manifold.

Anyways Mike,
If it is performance you are looking for,dont waste another dollar and go for the best and get a Clifford Header.Nothing will touch them for performance.

Picture 264.jpg

Being it is just a "log" manifold I would agree that it doesn't seem like it would have much of a gain if any over a stock manifold. But, a lot of times you can't judge a book by it's cover. I would be interested in seeing the dyno test with the same motor in both tests, not just two cars that raced at a track that are supposed to be the same. I am interested because I am looking for something for my son's truck.

Chuck

With all said! I like the PowerPipe-DC headers.
They are light, and work with the factory intake,
I am not the sharpest knife on the shelf but I do know one thing
for sure, These are just what the doctor ordered for me.
and will out perform a single heavy cast iron exhaust.
And I will get me a few hp and better on gas and a great sounds out of the dual exhaust. At 250 dollor at my front door.
This will be a driver and spoiler for me, not looking to put to much hp to the trans or rear end. Stock Baby Stock.

I only posted an opinion and also said I could be wrong. Show me the numbers as they dont lie.

With all said! I like the PowerPipe-DC headers.
They are light, and work with the factory intake,
I am not the sharpest knife on the shelf but I do know one thing
for sure, These are just what the doctor ordered for me.
and will out perform a single heavy cast iron exhaust.
And I will get me a few hp and better on gas and a great sounds out of the dual exhaust. At 250 dollor at my front door.
This will be a driver and spoiler for me, not looking to put to much hp to the trans or rear end. Stock Baby Stock.

Hey Mike,
Not here to sway you one way our the other,just trying to help.I have been playing with the slant motor for many years before I came over here to play with my V8 car.So I know of what I am talking.First there is no proof (other than word of mouth)that this(I wouldnt even call it a header)exh manifold will even out perform a stock exhaust manifold.Second,dual exhaust is overkill for most slants.Since you arent looking to put much hp to the car,a nice 2.25" single exhaust through a nice free flowing muffler is all you are going to need.I have run 1bbl,2bbl,and 4bbl carbs on slants.Every single one of them ran very well.Sounds like you are going with a 2 bbl (super six) set up.If I were you I would take a stock exhaust manifold and gasket match it,and save the $250.00 for other things.This,with the upgraded exhaust will breath as much as your stock motor/head will put at it.Also I would stay away from the aluminum 2 bbl intake,they are porous,and have been known to leak.

Let me suggest a set-up for you.A set-up that I once had in my car.

Factory Chrysler (super-six) 2bbl intake.
Stock (gasket matched)intake manifold.
Carter bbd 2bbl carb
2.25" exhaust
Free flowing muffler. (your choice).
Pertronix.(elec ignition).
This is a proven set-up,and will have your slant running very nicely,with better gas mileage.To add to the fun add a Dutra Dual,or Clifford Header.

Not trying to take money out of anyone's pocket,just calling it as I see it.

Update:Mike read the .org thread Ramraider suggested.Some very interesting info to say the least.

Picture 264.jpg

Hey Mike,
Not here to sway you one way our the other,just trying to help.I have been playing with the slant motor for many years before I came over here to play with my V8 car.So I know of what I am talking.First there is no proof (other than word of mouth)that this(I wouldnt even call it a header)exh manifold will even out perform a stock exhaust manifold.

Well at least people are disagreeing with respect here. So far.

Thank you for all the kind words about Mister Twister's PowerPipe. I'm happy it's getting so much attention and also happy that it doesn't appear to be over-priced. We're still trying to find a way to make it even less expensive, if at all possible.

I was at the dyno test when we compared the stock exhaust manifold to the PowerPipe. (BTW it doesn't hurt our feelings if you call it a log. We're old school) Anyway, you can call Skip's in Sarasota and ask him since our word doesn't appear to be worth anything to the nay sayers. That is where we did the test on a bone stock 225 Super Six. The feet pounds came up off idle considerably sooner. When we track tested it, it out performed the Hookers on identical set ups. I'm all new to this slant stuff cause my first Mopar was a 360 Duster and all I've ever had was 318's and my 360. However, I'm a computer person so I had no problem understanding the dyno machine and what it was telling us. That's my 2 cents. Now I'm gone to find some more change...... :)

-
Back