6 pack

-

kenny b

kenny b
Reaction score
Got my intake today but still thinking about which carbs to buy. anybody out ther running the Barry Grant six shooter setup . I'm sort of leaning in that direction but would like some feedback.
1971 demon 440 727 8 3/4 with a 4:10

kenny b.

I have a friend that`s running them on his Ford. The CFM is considerably less than the factory Holleys. He`s running just a mechanical secondary, I don`t think they`re available with a vacuum advance. I`m running the Holley 2300`s with a vacuum secondary since I drive my car around town a lot.

The Barry Grant carbs have mechanical linkage. They will cost quite a bit more than the Holley carbs, too. There is a seller on eBay that offers the BG setup for a little over $1700 including the fuel lines, linkage, etc. Don't remember if the air cleaner is included, but I don't think so. If you decide to use Holleys, you can get them aftermarket a lot cheaper than from Mopar. I checked with Holley & they said the aftermarket carbs are exactly the same as the Mopar Performance ones. I bought the carbs for my small block from Summit for about about $1070 delivered. I later found an eBay seller that was selling them for less. Can't remember who the seller was but IIRC they were in Florida & seemed to sell a lot of them. You'll still need the installation kit to get the Holley linkage, fuel lines, etc. You might check with newmoparparts.com for that stuff. They had good prices & Summit will beat the price.
I've always liked the look of the Holley carbs. Don't care at all for the look of the BG carbs. This is entirely my personal preference & with a stock air cleaner you can't see them anyway. But if you have a six pack, when you pop the hood (maybe after you've blown someones doors off! :razz:) people are gonna' want you to pull the air cleaner so they can see it. I've always felt that half the reason for running a six pack is the WOW! factor.

:burnout:

hey there, i agree with the wow factor. i bought the entire setup from glendora dodge just before they raised the price. bought mine for 1685.00 complete. i like the look of the factory setup better too. i am going to look into getting the other aftermarket metering plates later for better adjustability. there are alot of guy's selling just the carb bodies but after you spend money for the rest of the parts it just doesn't add up. it's better to buy them new. they are not that much more and at the least you have new carbs. good luck
big daddy don

pic's of dart build 003.jpg

pic's of dart build 006 (Small) (Small) (2).jpg

bigdaddydon, Please tell me you're not going to run your engine with the center carbs' bowl vent hooked up to the valve cover like it seems to be in your last photo!

I tried to order from Glendora the first part of January & was told the price had just gone up the previous month, so I decided to wait a while. Glendora also told me that I could probably get the parts from the aftermarket for less, because Mopar made them raise their prices even on their in-stock merchandise, but aftermarket vendors could deplete their existing stock before raising prices. I finally decided to order in September from Westoaks (they had been advertising the same price since 2005) & this is part of the email they sent me:

"There has been a price ingress last month on the small block six packs.....the new price is $2099.00.I do have them in stock and there ready to ship."

That's straight from them, typos & all.

I finally just ordered the parts from Summit. With them matching other vendors prices & also the free shipping I spent a total of about $1775 delivered. I'm also planning to get the aftermarket plates so I can jet the end carbs for my 360. In the end it's a lot of money, but I have the feeling that once it's all together it's going to make me smile every time I open the hood or floor the go pedal.

Aside froim the WOW factor (which IS cool...) you have to remember this: Make sure your pointed where you wanna be when those end carbs open up. Things tend to wizz by pretty quickly.

I too went for the full-boogie Pro-Max modifications. We'll see (one of these days...) how all that money runs. Enjoy your six pack lust. Oh, and BTW: They make nitrous plates that fit under the carbs.... :glasses8:

only thing that beats a 6 barrel is a big block 6 barrel.
someone correct me if im wrong, but a 6 pack was dodge and 6 barrel was plymouth

6pack air cleaner.jpg

The six barrel set up is just a really good set up for the street. With the vacuum secondaries it`s like having a six barrel carburetor, delivering just the fuel that the engine needs on demand. I owned a 69 Super Bee 440-6 in the seventies and was smitten with the induction system from the first time I put my foot to the floor.:love6:

Thanks for the feedback guys, I decided to stay with the Hollies and let ssomeone else buy the Barry Grants.
Pictures of the demon build coming soon.

kenny b

-
Back