6" Speaker kick panels

-

ValiantHardtop

Reaction score
Hey guys,

An ebay seller and parts shop in Australia has just started making these for A-body hardtops and four doors. I've just received a pair and they fit great, as you can see. Excuse the mess!

P1110872.jpg

P1110871.jpg

Anyways, I've got no particular affiliation to the seller, but they're genuine people and they've got something that seems to be a better design than some of the other stuff out there.

I'm unsure if they post to the States, but if someone wants a set I'm happy to get them shipped to me and forward them on.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Valiant-...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19bf00c7bb

Hope this helps someone

NH

Something similar has been available at Year One for quite a while.
Nice though regardless where they come from. :)
I suggest choosing simi-kick proof speaker grilles.

Yeah, but everything is upside down in Australia - You'd have to fit them to the roof! :)

Aren't the Year One kicks for an oval 5 x 7 ish size one?*

*note: New to Mopar here!

Yearone sells the ken harrison kick panels but they only hold a 4 inch round speaker. I have a set and I like them (good fit), but the tiny speaker is not big enough.... a 6 inch speaker would be a big improvement.

Question, Is the grain correct on these so they look like OEM ?
Although its no big deal , I have to wonder if the little detail line would have been added to the outer side on OEM.

ive got 6.5 speakers with a pretty big magnet. wonder whether theyd fit

I'm thinking of getting a set of these.. I haven't seen anyone else that makes them like this that takes a 6.5" speaker.

I think I may get a pair myself. This is what I am working with right now. Boston Acoustics 6 1/2" coaxials mounted using an angled trim ring spacer that I bought off of Ebay. Even though they probably would work fine, I don't like the look of the spacer and my kick panels look like crap!!!

IMG_20120704_123249.jpg

Edit: I may have to live with what I have for a while. I just noticed that international shipping runs another $60 bringing the total price to $170.

Thanks for reminding me as I got mine a few years ago here: http://www.gprsmopars.com/shopping/pgm-more_information.php?id=86&=SID and they are on a shelf in my garage. They had them before anyone else. Now I have another project days off. I'm going to spray them maroon to match interior with SEM vinyl paint.

If I remember right I bought these when the Aussie dollar was worth .60 - .70 US just to give you a timeline lol. When I get back I will look in the box to see exactly what I paid. I think I had them shipped with the Aussie slant six gasket set but I might have had an Aussie tool pusher pack them over to me in Kuwait. It's been that long ago.

..there are a couple of e bay sellers offering a similar unit that takes a 4 x 6 speaker.

Hey guys,

An ebay seller and parts shop in Australia has just started making these for A-body hardtops and four doors. I've just received a pair and they fit great, as you can see. Excuse the mess!

P1110872.jpg

P1110871.jpg

Anyways, I've got no particular affiliation to the seller, but they're genuine people and they've got something that seems to be a better design than some of the other stuff out there.

I'm unsure if they post to the States, but if someone wants a set I'm happy to get them shipped to me and forward them on.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Valiant-...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19bf00c7bb

Hope this helps someone

NH
Do you have the contact information for the company that makes these? Link didn't work. THANKS in advance

Do you have the contact information for the company that makes these? Link didn't work. THANKS in advance
Link doesn't work because the thread is 8 years old. And the OP hasn't posted in 4 years. I researched finding these a few months ago but came up empty.

I have the 4x6 ones and they are ok, probably because I have 6x9s in the trunk panel that do most of the work. I would like to have larger speakers in the kick panels. The ones I have are easy to kick when getting in and out, I would be concerned that the 6 inch ones down low would really be in the way.

-
Back