/6 turbo or nitrous?

-

dart_runner

Reaction score
building slant 6 for bracket racing. turbo or nitrous wich will have better results?

If you're going bracket racing, you really don't need either, unless you trying to run a specific class, such as 13.0 index. Generally, nitrous will make it easier to run the same number consistently.

I think I'd prefer a turbo, because bottles will get expensive quick. If I used two bottles a weekend, in 20 weeks I'd have spent $2400.

why not go both! lol just kidding, prefer going turbo too because price starts adding up going with the bottle and a turbo your using that free energy from the exhaust to make that power and percentage wise you gain more power from a turbo then with a supercharger or nos IMO.

turbo is way easier on the motor!

Absolutely, and you can run a 2.93 rear to keep RPM's to a minimum, drive it on the street, get 23 MPG and save your driveline from a nitrous shock as well as not needing a nitrous specific ignition (retard or advance mechanism). Although not technically "free", using the otherwise wasted exhaust power is head and shoulders more efficient than a blower, especially on a 6.

I'll add for a bracket car, I'd rather be slower and NA than turbo or NO2. Much more consistent and that's how bracket cars win.

-
Back