60' help

-
Try running with 3 gallons of fuel just too see what happens ....7 gallons is close to 50 pounds.....

Why are you mixing Cam 2 with 93 octane with only 10.5 to 1 compression? I think that is wasting money and could be slowing you down. I have 10.9 compression and I have never ran anything but 93. I also have up to 201 psi cranking cylinder pressure.

Thanks guys! I think I'll give that a try!! Next date to go will be September 20th

Why are you mixing Cam 2 with 93 octane with only 10.5 to 1 compression? I think that is wasting money and could be slowing you down. I have 10.9 compression and I have never ran anything but 93. I also have up to 201 psi cranking cylinder pressure.

I was going to bring this up. Too much octane can slow you down.

I have a very similar build. A little less cam. Mine is .231@ .050. The car weighs 3500 lbs. This is my last slip from Englishtown this past weekend. I should mention that I have stock springs in back but I have 90/10 shocks in front and double adjustable in rear.

Attachments

• 20150826_211914.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 272
I have a very similar build. A little less cam. Mine is .231@ .050. The car weighs 3500 lbs. This is my last slip from Englishtown this past weekend. I should mention that I have stock springs in back but I have 90/10 shocks in front and double adjustable in rear.

Bob, that is more how I think it should be running!, whats the rest of your setup?

.030 440, stealth heads, zero deck srp 10.5:1 flat top pistons, .231 @.050 lunati hydraulic roller cam, 1.6 Hughes roller rockers netting .585 lift , 9.5" ptc converter, 4.10 Detroit locker 8.75. Victor 440 with 800 Holley DP.

You might want to put a white stripe on the rear tire sidewall making it easier to see whats going on. How do you stage? Staging has a definate bearing on 60' times. Shallow stage will give quicker 60s,roll in deeper and your 60 will be slower. Personally I feel what would be a basic street driven 440 with a pair of aluminum street heads and a modest cam pushing 3500lbs (b-body weight) into high 11s I believe in the quarter isn't too bad at all.

Bear with me please. I gotta ask. Why would a bump in octane hurt power unless that Cam 2 has very different burn charactoristics? Highly oxygenated? Never tried it myself.

Higher octane requires more heat and precision to burn correctly. Higher octane burns more slowly. Higher octane will cause your engine to produce less power thus requiring more fuel. Not to say that the combo of octane above is too much, but it's just a thought.

Yea about the octane, I tried telling dad it was in needed. But its his car and he insisted lol, but next time out it will just have 93. As for staging 99% of the time I stage just when the 2nd stage lights come on, if I'm racing someone I'm worried about tree'n me I deep stage to get out on them, I know deep staging eats up some et but gotta do what you gotta do to win the race lol

Try leaving off idle. That's how I get my best 60 ft. Times. My best to date is 1.57.
I agree, but you might have to raise your idle a bit to get consistent light.
a sudden .09 or .10 light will keep you from going very deep in the rounds. Ask me how I know....

Try leaving off idle. That's how I get my best 60 ft. Times. My best to date is 1.57.

That's how i got mine to hook. New motor,old slicks, SS springs, foot braking it.

New slicks, back to stalling it at the line.

Little lower than me, next time out I want to play around with shift points.

Too much converter for a 440 in a car that heavy, you really need it tighter to take advantage of all the midrange torque they make, but then you will definitely need slicks!

Too much converter for a 440 in a car that heavy, you really need it tighter to take advantage of all the midrange torque they make, but then you will definitely need slicks!

I contacted ati about the converter, they said the same thing. This winter were gonna have ati freshen it up.

Attachments

• 3653.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 157
Did you take it back out yet? That 60', ET, and MPH is pretty much identical to what mine was when I was at 7.35. Granted, I have a totally different setup, but it doesn't seem that far off.

Did you take it back out yet? That 60', ET, and MPH is pretty much identical to what mine was when I was at 7.35. Granted, I have a totally different setup, but it doesn't seem that far off.
Didn't get back out, work has really picked up and I'm doing all I can, trying to have my dart ready for spring so I'm saving as much as possible

-
Back