62 lancer pedal assy rebuild

-

DART66GT

62 Lancer GT - B Body 8 3/4
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am swapping over from auto to manual . I started taking apart pedal assy. One of the plastic bushings is broke, does anyone know where to get these? Also the piece that goes thru the main frame that the brake pedal rides on, I tried tapping it out but it does not move much. Does it go thru a bushing? The pedal swings ok , maybe a little stiff but solid. Is it worth driving out or leave well enough alone?

thanks

They either have a snap ring on them or a bolt with a lock tab. Look close on both sides. The clutch pedal replaces that pin.

I removed the snap ring and pulled the clutch pedal off. I removed the small bolt and collar. But when I tap on the piece that goes thru the brake pedal it wont budge.

0E93F917-899C-4B27-BFFE-5E748D776017.jpeg
4BB4A26E-06A2-43D5-A610-F914CE3FFFB4.jpeg

Thanks for the replies. I got the brake pedal out. The bushings are just large plastic ones.

I ordered the rebuild kit from Brewers, thanks for the link. Do the plastic bushings take any type of lube?

Im ready to reassemble the pedal assy. Finshed painting it today. Should I use lube on the plastic bushings? If so what type?

Thanks

-
Back