-
Status
Not open for further replies.

valiantwagonguy

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
Does anyone have a 63 - 65 6 cylinder 4 speed bell they don't need? I have a 273 4 speed bell to trade or I can buy outright. The photos are the 273 bell I have to trade the 6 bell is the same but with the starter location higher up

IMG_1377a600.jpg

IMG_1379a600.jpg

Last edited:
I have a complete early A 65 slant setup - transmission, flywheel, bellhousing, Shifter, etc etc. I prefer to sell as a complete setup

Last edited:
Ihave a complete early A 65 slant setup - transmission, flywheel, bellhousing, Shifter, etc etc. I prefer to sell as a complete setup
I just need a bell, I have all the other stuff ,2 65 A833's flywheels,old and new 6 and 273 ,pedals z bars,mounts for z bars .

I just need a bell, I have all the other stuff ,2 65 A833's flywheels,old and new 6 and 273 ,pedals z bars,mounts for z bars .

Understand! I threw it out there should you not have the other stuff. Right now I will not break it up as it’s getting harder to find some things piecing it together and a potential buyer would certainly want a complete setup as possible.

"65 Dartman said"
"Understand! I threw it out there should you not have the other stuff. Right now I will not break it up as it’s getting harder to find some things piecing it together and a potential buyer would certainly want a complete setup as possible."
I am just gathering the stuff to do another car after I move out west where I can find a rust free wagon so I'm in no great hurry. I have an earlier 6 cyl 4 speed bell but the z bar mounting is different than the 63-65. I'll photo it and post it.Maybe someone knows what it fits.It's a slant and it's an iron 4 speed bell with that one difference .I'm guessing a 1st generation 61 or 62 Valiant or Lancer

Here is the bell in question . It's a 6 cyl 4 speed but the z bar mounting point is different than the 65 one I used in my wagon that I took from an original unmolested 65 Barracuda 6 /4speed. Perhaps this is from a truck ?

IMG_3741.JPG

IMG_3742.JPG

IMG_3743.JPG

I have an early a body 6 cyl 833 with 4.35 bearing retainer. I'm looking for 200$ +shipping which I would not make a nickle PM me if you have interest,

I have done some research and the bell I have that is in question is a 64 A body aut there is also another one listed as a 64 A body which is probably the one I compared it to when I put the 4 speed set up in mt 65 Valiant station wagon a couple years ago. I'm wondering if anyone here knows if these two are interchangeable
2463025 G/RG A-833 1964 A-body Cast Iron
2463027 G/RG A-833 21x63 1964 A-body Cast Iron
If they are then I don't need a bell at all !

I looked at his site. Man,his stuff is gold in his mind anyway.He has both the 64 and the 65 6 cyl bell.They are the same except in the ball stud mount area for the z bar.I have since learned that the one I have in the photos in this post is the 64. So,I guess I can use it by simply making a ball stud mount that will work in a 65 car so the z bar lines up correctly. Seems to me that would be easier than getting another 65 bell like the one I used in my 65 Valiant wagon when I put the 4 speed in it behind the 170. It would certainly be way cheaper. I do have the V8 LA 4 speed bell I'd trade for a 6 cyl 65 one.I also have that universal one that is alum and has the larger bearing retainer hole for a LA V8 that I'd trade for the right 6 cyl one. I'd also sell either one of the 8 cylinder LA 4 speed bells and the LA3 bell I have for a small block V8 with a 3 speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back