63 dart tranny cooler lines?

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
trying to piece this thing back together. 63 dart slant, cable shift, I have good rad that is like out of 72 duster. the fittings for the cooler lines are 6 inches apart on it,,,, and the oem rad. in my 65 dart
the fittings are 10 in apart, which could possible be the correct type for the 63 car..... not sure why they show a 3piece line for the 63 slant car??????
the classic industry cat. shows a 3 piece cooler line for the 63 dart. a different part no. for the 63-68 rad. and different part no, for the 69 to 74 or so.
my question is if I order the 68- 70 something lines, will they fit around the engine mounts and such????? would anyone know or have they encountered this problem?
I hate to order a new line and wind up cutting and splicing with rubber hose!!!!!! thanks for any help....

I think the reason for the 3 piece line is that the 63 has an external transmission fluid filter. One line from the transmission to the filter, one from the filter to the cooler and one return line.

that would be correct, the early cars had a large metal filter , you might see if one of the tubing companies would make the line without the filter-- would be much easier & possibly sell more of them, Lawrence

-
Back