63 Dart with emblem in the grill like a Valiants?

-

Easy

Reaction score
OK so Ive been thinking about what a Fratzog emblem would look like in the center of a 63 dart grill. I always liked that the Valiants had the big 'V' emblems in their grills and was thinking Dodge could/should have did something similar to the 63 Dart. With the 63 darts 'tiger shark mouth' like angled grill, I was thinking it would only look good if there was a way to get a big enough Fratzog emblem and then try and angle it so that it was more vertical to the headlights and bumper. I thought it might look odd if it was flat to the grill, might even be hard to see unless you were far away or down low to the grown cleaning bugs off your bumper. Ive been thinking about it on and off for awhile but today I stumbled across what might be the best emblem to try this with. Its a Fratzog emblem off of a 71 Dodge Coronet. The emblem measures 4" or so across the bottom so its bigger for sure. It has one mounting post and then two 'fins' or 'tabs' that slide into the grill which means it would mount to the center of the 63s grill nicely (maybe with some work). More interestingly enough, the bottom part of the emblem looks to be thicker/wider which would kick the bottom of the emblem out some, making it more vertical with the headlights. Here's a few pics of it

s-l1600 (15).jpg

s-l1600 (11).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

So, I was curious if this big 4" Fratzog emblem would even look cool on a 63s grill. I measured out a 4" Fratzog, matching the 71s emblem, then I cut it out. I added a folded and trimmed piece of cardboard to the bottom backside of the paper cut out the Fratzog, and then taped it to the center of the grill. I wasnt able to take pics far away so most of them are closer, but that was because i was holding the grill level with one hand and taking pics with the other. Anyway this is what it ended up looking like (i used a black and white filter on the pic to try and get the paper emblem to match the grills metal). I'm actually liking it. And the paper emblem is flat. so, the real emblem would stick out better and look nicer.

IMG_6256 (1).jpg

IMG_6258.jpg

IMG_6263.jpg

IMG_6266.jpg

IMG_6268.jpg

Now, im not crazy about the emblem being orange, but im sure if i did want to do this, i could find a shop who could remove the orange paint and maybe just have it black and chrome.

Hey Easy i would like to be the first to say , Great job! I think that is something that accents the grill.
It's something that a purists might not appreciate but for a car that is your build and even mine it looks great.

Hey Easy i would like to be the first to say , Great job! I think that is something that accents the grill.
It's something that a purists might not appreciate but for a car that is your build and even mine it looks great.
Thanks Stephen! I like to be creative and come up with interesting things that might look cool. I went ahead and bought a Fratzog emblem. So, when it comes in ill add to this some.

I think you are on it. I'm watching.
Everything I've seen about this forum is a varied amount of mostly up building views of someone's ideas. It is a great bunch of guys that will help you with any issues that they can. Keep exploring your ideas and post them. Just remember, it's your ideas and dreams.
Happy 4th of July

Actually looking at these first two pics, the 71 Coronets Fratzog emblem doesn't look much bigger than the Darts original Fratzog. If i do put the Coronets Fratzog emblem in my grill, ill just eliminate the one on my hood like on the red 63 below.

29105129-1963-dodge-dart-gt-std.jpg

IMG_6256 (1).jpg

IMG_6060.jpg

IMG_6060.jpg

I think you are on it. I'm watching.
Everything I've seen about this forum is a varied amount of mostly up building views of someone's ideas. It is a great bunch of guys that will help you with any issues that they can. Keep exploring your ideas and post them. Just remember, it's your ideas and dreams. Thanks. Ive enjoyed this forum greatly over the years. Enjoy your 4th!
Happy 4th of July

not sure why it double posted a pic of the red 63 above. Have a great 4Th, Stephen!

I think it might look a little strange with one on the hood and another right below it in the grille. Maybe someone has a photo of that setup?

I think it might look a little strange with one on the hood and another right below it in the grille. Maybe someone has a photo of that setup?
Yeah, that’s why if I went with the emblem in the grill I wouldn’t have the one on the hood. It would look like that red Dart above. No “Dodge” or fratzog on the hood.

I got the 71 coronets grill emblem in. Looks like it sets on there ok. If I use it I’ll have to modify the grill a touch so the emblem sits center. I think it looks cool, but again not sure about the orange paint, Would probably remove it.

E3C1B688-9880-4B39-B674-C659B1C25FD1.jpeg

B0E82F4A-B300-4BB8-9534-C45A41412B9F.jpeg

98071FD5-056B-4B7F-8202-BA78FACC2CD1.jpeg

E54BD8E2-E024-44C2-8B59-66B118EC09F7.jpeg

873277B4-6560-4692-A18C-02471D643824.jpeg

A28CAD69-B445-4296-8E6C-644BA46325FD.jpeg

2487FF69-5572-4EB9-AB38-DA1C36C41183.jpeg

-
Back