63 Indy Maxx Dart VIDEO CLIP

-

billyjay

Reaction score
here is a short video of my 63 Dodge dart at Evadale track a week ago sat... car still needs tuning and has lots left in it... you will see the car bunny hopping as it leave the line... but still ran a 9.90 @ 140 1.35 -60' [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRF6NO9IJ3E"]YouTube- 63 Indy Maxx Dart @ Evadale, Texas[/ame]

here is one where i only got to do the Burnout , had trans leak...Dang....listen to the motor when i rev it up... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMwtOKLWw8c&feature=related"]YouTube- 63 Indy Maxx Dart @ Evadale ,Texas RaceTrack..[/ame]

Well Like most people i have already made some mojor changes to the motor since the 572 was starving for fuel with that 1050...i got a really good deal on a Indy Tunnel Ram with 2-(what i thought was 1095's) turns out there are 2- 1195's King Demons carb with the endrele linkage and BG 4 port reg with all the lines delivered to my door for 1600.00...Also mounted my Areo space Vac pump...so here are a couple pics.. had to buy new hood scoop to cover the wide set up and car is together and running.. waiting for the weekend to try this out.. have been taking it easy with the car..small bunouts. only leaving at 3K on the brake,only holding alittle over half throtle while launching the car... trying to get use to her.. before i rip it loose.....well this comming weekend will be different..

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

When you get that tunnel ram on your W5.post some pics.. would love to see it... OH, and i do have a line-lock on the car..just not using it yet..since everything in the car is new other than the shell..i have been being very easy with the car and making sure it wont fall apart...lol.. Remember no one built this car for me..I DID !!!! Knowing i built a 900+ hp motor and shoved it in a car that i set up, welded, all the suspension..still makes me nervous...lol... hig speed wobble caught my attention at the other end and trying to locate that.. if the car goes where it should then i have another 20-30mph to look forward to and dont want anymore wobble at that speed..checking all bolts and connection after every pass has been a must for my saniaty....every when i get home from the few trips to the track i have inspected all welds on the car to ensure they are good..so..taking my time and not trying to stick my 45K Car in the wall...

Billy hope to see ya there. With the rain out, work, and mama getting sick this is the first time in about 6 weeks I will be able to run

looks and sounds good. Also looks like you need to scale it and get the rear shocks adjusted. What front suspension did you use? What do you have the alignment set to? That was a very light pass...lol.

When you get that tunnel ram on your W5.post some pics.. would love to see it... OH, and i do have a line-lock on the car..just not using it yet..since everything in the car is new other than the shell..i have been being very easy with the car and making sure it wont fall apart...lol.. Remember no one built this car for me..I DID !!!! Knowing i built a 900+ hp motor and shoved it in a car that i set up, welded, all the suspension..still makes me nervous...lol... hig speed wobble caught my attention at the other end and trying to locate that.. if the car goes where it should then i have another 20-30mph to look forward to and dont want anymore wobble at that speed..checking all bolts and connection after every pass has been a must for my saniaty....every when i get home from the few trips to the track i have inspected all welds on the car to ensure they are good..so..taking my time and not trying to stick my 45K Car in the wall...
I know the feeling. when you do it yourself and hoping you did it right you wanna take it easy till you get comfortable with it and know it will do what your expecting it to do, im glad im not the only one that gets these same jitters. Good luck and its a beautiful beast you got there.

Hey Billy I don,t blame ya for doing a once over on the car after your first few times out.I,ll be doing the same with mine,just for piece of mind.You,ve done one heck of a nice job on your car!I would hate to have overlooked a small item loose or a cracked weld,this is why I made a list to go over the car to make sure all is good.I also keep a journal for writing down the weather and any adjustments on the car for improvements.I can,t wait to see a video of your car going full bore!My car is similar to yours(66 Dart)just not as near nice as yours,but I,m happy with mine cause I built it the way I wanted it to run and look(Old school)I joined our local Nostalgia Drag Racers Club.Good Luck with the car!
car pics 66 Dart 004.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 179.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 172.jpg
car pics 66 Dart 189.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 004.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 179.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 172.jpg

car pics 66 Dart 189.jpg

Man is it refreshing to see someone who built there own car, not very common over here, well done.
Iv looked at the pics you posted of this thing thru most of the build, Its balls to the wall. Just how I plan to build my valiant eventualy, the only thing I would do different is put number plates on it :evil2: ha ha good luck

-
Back