63 Valiant Rag with new Coys C5

-

Calliway

Reaction score
Well after reading all of the stories about Coy's after I ordered my wheels from them I am very happy to say that I had a very good experience. I think they are working hard at making things work.

I am up in Canada and they promised that they would have them up to me in 14 days and they did. They drilled the SBP on a set of 15X6 C5's with 3.5" of backspacing. They also included the tuner lugs, center caps and socket for the lugs for $150/wheel. The socket is cheap and I did break it by not having it square on the lug but they are the same as the Gorilla lug sockets so I replaced it with a thin walled impact one for $9. Tire size is 195/60R 15. Not rub, not touch. Lots of room between the rear springs and tire and lots of room by contral arms and tire. The backspacing gives it more room than stock.

The rims themselves are really beauties. The rolled lip is very classy and sets them apart from the American Racing Torque Thrust rims.

Overall very happy with the transaction and wouldn't hesitate to go that route again.

63Valiant02.jpg

63Valiant01.jpg

Nice choice,that flawless black paint pops against those wheels.

Good lookin' Prince of a Valiant you have. Those wheels look great against the black and all that shiny ka rome! tmm

Thanks everyone. I know it looks black in the pics but its actually a dark metallic black cherry. The top is white and I am looking for a white boot for it. I have a red boot that covers the whole intertior and splits between the driver and passanger. It unfortunatley covers the rear seats so i need just a proper boot now. I have to say I am totally in love with this car. The inline 6 is a real treat of a motor. I grew up with Valiants so finding this one was a trip down memory lane.

WOW! I can see the cherry on the edges of the body lines. That's cool! tmm

-
Back