64 Barracuda freshen up

-

64cudaV8

Reaction score
I bought this cuda a few weeks ago. It was painted 12 years ago but was always garaged and rarely driven. kept under a car cover as well. The front end is completely shot. Al bushings looked to be original, as well as the ball joints brakes etc.. I have since tore the motor out and all the front suspension. The 273 has been long gone. It has a 318 in it. was an original A/C car and spent its entire life in TX. No rust on it at all. Original undercoating still on it and in great shape. Original rear end. Factory 4 speed. Remote drivers mirror. Any way I took a few pics before I tore it down. Forgot to take some before I put it in the garage.

Getting ready to start painting under the hood and get the motor ready. All my suspension parts should be here soon. as well as the SSB disk upgrade kit. Keeping manual steering but making the brakes power. When I am done with the front end I will tackle the interior. Any tips on doing the headliner with the window in the car? I do not want to pull it.

How much damage did you do to the front fender by using that piece of trash fender cover? The car by the way looks like a real jewel.

HAHA, That was from my 73 Z28 that I sold awhile back.. Dont give me to much grief over it. Its a diamond in the rough. Overall in great shape. I bought it because the body work and paint is extremely minimal. Trying to avoid that portion this time around.

Cuda update, engine back, front suspension rebuilt and wheels going back on. Front is still jacked up.

Attachments

• IMG_0529[1].jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_0534[1].jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_0537[1].jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 340
While you had the engine and suspension out you should have painted the engine compartment body color! - black smacks of being Chevy/GM. Just busting on you lol!

You car looks great. What a nice first year Barracuda to start out with. That will be a true head turner!:burnout:

Had to tease you about the fender cover. The car and the engine look GREAT. My 66 may look almost that good some day.

Haha, I'll post up better pics in the future. I actually like the engine bay black. Makes the motor stand out a bit more I think. The car was originally black so its technically factory correct.. lol

They are 5x4. I got them from coys wheel. They had to drill them out from a blank wheel.

Beautiful Fish. As said before, maybe one day mine will look as good.

Couple of pics. Got the grill, radiator, condenser installed and lights modded. I made a custom spoiler for it as well. Interior getting ready to go back in., Have the drivers seat and rear seat recovered. Still got to do the passengers. New headliner going in next week. Also modding an A body console to fit. Almost done with it. I'll post up some pics when its done and installed. Waiting on a few parts now. Should be close to getting the engine all buttoned up soon as well. Still have the booster to install and plum in. Waiting on my GM prop valve. Seems to be the easiest to install and will sit flat against the frame rail. Still need to pull the rear out clean it up and replace all the bushings. That will be after its running and I can spin it around. Still have to align the front end. Don't give me to much grief on the crooked wheels., haha

Attachments

• IMG_0563.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0564.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 185
Ok, I hate those small pics. I will upload then via photobucket
IMG_0563_zpsa4aa9f7b.jpg

IMG_0570_zps194ba61d.jpg

68 Camaro spoiler. you have to cut a lot off of it and shape it to the valence

Thanks guys. I am so looking forward to getting this bad girl on the road.

Just a little picture update

Attachments

• IMG_1198.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1462.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1461.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1458.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1200.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 102
Awesome looking car! :prayer: I know it's not factory correct, but I think the center grill would look better semi gloss black. It would break up the red a little, and compliment the spoiler....which looks good on that car.

I've thought about that. But for now I will leave it red. Thanks for the compliments

-
Back