64 convertible rattle trap!!

-

Wally-T

64 Signet
Reaction score
Hi all. I really need to do something about the loose joints in the roof frame on this thing. Between that and the loose window regulators it sounds like an old panel truck when I go over bumps, especially a succession of small ones, YIKES!!!
Does anybody have a clue where to start with the frame? Any success stories out there?
I'm looking forward to one or two :)
Wally

Hi all. I really need to do something about the loose joints in the roof frame on this thing. Between that and the loose window regulators it sounds like an old panel truck when I go over bumps, especially a succession of small ones, YIKES!!!
Does anybody have a clue where to start with the frame? Any success stories out there?
Wally
anti rattle cups https://www.classicindustries.com/shop/1964/dodge/dart/parts/body-components/convertible/top-frames/

Other areas could be an adjustment on the door strikers, and some new cat whiskers on the windows.

Wally
don't forget the inner felt/horsehair lining that go in the channels down in the door. low friction liner and the fron wof the door window "C" channels, cat whiskers that go on the outside and inside of the windows in the door and quarter panel areas.

upload_2020-5-14_20-23-53.png

don't forget the inner felt/horsehair lining that go in the channels down in the door. low friction liner and the fron wof the door window "C" channels, cat whiskers that go on the outside and inside of the windows in the door and quarter panel areas.

View attachment 1715528235
iT DOES

View attachment 1715528235
It does need all of those things but the roof frame is the worst thing right now.

-
Back