64 Dart GT clutch linkage

-

Claydart

MOPAR to the very bones
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just recently purchased a parts car (4-door 270) that is a 3 on the tree, and I started dismantling the car to use the transmission and bellhousing and clutch linkage, to put into my pushbutton GT. But after I brought all the parts home to clean them up, I was looking at the clutch linkage, and I am not sure which way the rod that goes through the firewall is supposed to be oriented. One end of the rod is offset. Can anyone help me? I can't seem to be able to find an exploded view of the linkage anywhere.

Here are the 3 clutch linkage related exploded diagrams from the '64 Dart Service Manual

Hope one of these has what you're looking for!

Attachments

• 64 Dart Clutch - exploded view - 1.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 64 Dart Clutch - exploded view - 2.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 119
  • 64 Dart Clutch - exploded view - 3.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 139
Thanks for posting up these pics. I needed to see this to help design my manual linkage for my race vehicle.

Keep me informed as I would like to do the same -- put a 3 on the tree in a '64 GT PB auto convert I just got.

Thanks for posting those pictures, they helped a lot. now if somebody could tell me how to get the clutch pedal bushing back in after I installed the overcenter spring! ugh my sore fingers and fore arms!!

Put washers in the spring to hold it open remove it install the bushings then reinstall the spring and pull the washers out.

-
Back