'64 dart gt conv. hidden vin #'s ?????????

-

mobile fix all

Reaction score
i just bought a 64 dart gt conv. im having a lil difficulty finding the hidden vin #'s. can anyone help me on this?

Mines a 65 GT and I know one is on the drivers door jam near the hinges, that's a plate. Then you got the fender tag on the driver inner fender in the engine compartment, and then theres another that's stamped on the radiator support. I think there is another one stamped somewhere else.

There are NO hidden VINs on any Mopar built before the 1969 model year (68 started the VIN stamping on the engine and trans, though). The number on the fender tag will match the radiator support and trunk lip (if those are there). That number is the Shipping Order Number and can only be matched to the VIN with a broadcast sheet or possibly the IBM card, which Chrysler should be able to get you a copy of for a fee...

I am apprehensive at best answering a question like that to anyone. especially someone with 3 posts. yikes

I am apprehensive at best answering a question like that to anyone. especially someone with 3 posts. yikes

Its not exactly confidential information.

For example a 65 mustang has a vin on a riveted plate on the drivers door, a stamped vin on the driver inner fender and a hidden stamped vin on the passenger inner fender.

Anyhow I should check to see if my vin is on my trunk lip. Wouldn't it be sweet to have an all matching numbers /6 dart gt :p

Its not exactly confidential information.

For example a 65 mustang has a vin on a riveted plate on the drivers door, a stamped vin on the driver inner fender and a hidden stamped vin on the passenger inner fender.

Anyhow I should check to see if my vin is on my trunk lip. Wouldn't it be sweet to have an all matching numbers /6 dart gt :p

If that's your car in the pic, you won't find the VIN there. You will find the Shipping Order Number...

They will provide a copy of the IBM card for the cars they have record for (67-older). I do not believe that ownership info is required.

They will provide a copy of the IBM card for the cars they have record for (67-older). I do not believe that ownership info is required.

I ordered the IBM card and info from the Chrysler archives. And yes, they want proof of ownership. Bill of sale, etc.
Very cool once you get it. It is decoded and they sent me a copy of the original 1966 Dart brochure. All for the bargain price of $45.00

-
Back