64 Valiant customized front valance

-
Hey Mark Did anything ever become of this?

Slowly getting there. I bought a very nice and straight valance from a FABO guy out in California. Haven't quiet decided what I'm going to do with the open space the bumper normally covers up. I may have to shoe horn a trans cooler into that space and work around it. The car is sitting in primer at the moment but is looking better. I think it looks clean with all of the trim smoothed over and the body lines of the 64 fenders and grill. Still needs to be blocked before final top coat. I'm new to painting a car so it's a slow, learning process.

Thanks

Attachments

• 65valiant-front.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 489
  • 65valiant-front2.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 470
I'm thinking that it's looking good. IMO.
I'm biased because I'm Aussie, but those pics earlier in the thread of the Aussie AP6 sure shows a nice front. Really reminiscent of the Barracuda isn't it. The Cuda must have inspired the Aussie designers and they got it right - especially if you look at our '63 grille, it was... well, mmmmm, a bit dowdy!

The front end of my Signet... Driving lights and if you look closely you'll see that the directional's are in the headlights, centered amber bulb just below the headlight bulb. When they were down in the valance, no one paid attention, now they have no excuse and they are bright day or night.
66016.jpg

DUDE, I LOVE THAT HOOD. Can you get a picture underneath? I've been wanting to do a set up like that on mine forever.

on your car, I would stretch that lower opening and push the bottom down about 3 or 4 inches and make it bigger, then put a cooler in it or something. I liked your rendering, that looked pretty good.

The front end of my Signet... Driving lights and if you look closely you'll see that the directional's are in the headlights, centered amber bulb just below the headlight bulb. When they were down in the valance, no one paid attention, now they have no excuse and they are bright day or night.
66016.jpg

I love what you've done with your valiant.
I've checked out your cars pics a number of times.
Can you tell me more about that headlight/indicator set up?
Parts sources? The blacked out trim rings is a nice touch also.

Thanks

I'm thinking that it's looking good. IMO.
I'm biased because I'm Aussie, but those pics earlier in the thread of the Aussie AP6 sure shows a nice front. Really reminiscent of the Barracuda isn't it. The Cuda must have inspired the Aussie designers and they got it right - especially if you look at our '63 grille, it was... well, mmmmm, a bit dowdy!

Thanks mate!
Agreed. The AP6 grill has some sex appeal with all of the chrome.

Here is my 1965 valiant custom front valence, will see if i can post a few picx, poor quality btw; But if you go ahead an look up for Sean Renteria's valiant it looks the same as this custom sheet metal work was done by him...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 402
Last pic. Like i said sorry for the poor resolution picx. I can go ahead and snap a few better quality picx, if you want, last pic belongs to Renterias Bros 1965 Valiant ( car has a new owner)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 584
Subcom, the headlight were from a Hot Rod shop, they are halogen and both the parking lights and directionals are inside, their about 60 bucks a pair. Been on the Signet for two years and no problems

Small world!!! I own this car!!! (Pic was taken before I owned it) bought it in Austin last year! and I purchased it about Aug 12 when this post started. Sorry to resurrect an old post, but thought that was cool.

attachment.php

In reference to the question however, I dig this idea

db_Ray_Jackson_s_64_Valiant--Herdon_Ky__jpg1.jpg

-
Back