643 HP at the wheels, then......

-
if I go with a custom piston this time round it can have an extra couple of thou added. this means I can block fill the block now and still be .040" ish oversize. better than .060" that I had considered. will look at JE, CP, Ross inverted dome.

thought bout bolting my old cast crank in when I fill the block and torque it down along with the old iron heads.

Those are all good pistons don't forget about Diamond pistons also good with boost , I used JE pistons for boost in mine.

You can make a ton of HP with a cast crank as long as you don't put a blower on it that's when you will run into problems the load on the crank from the belt will take a cast crank out like a MMA fighter lol a friend made a 1006 hp on the dyno years ago with a 2 bolt block cast crank H beam rods and forged TRW dished pistons and a set of angle plug turbo heads and yes it was a chevy I can't remember the size of turbo's that he used .

Anyway sell those pistons and buy new 1s lol but on a serious note I really feel your pain I have been there more times than I liked to be.

Good luck and nice build car look sweet

Mike

-
Back