'65 A Body Have Clips Under the Windshield Gasket?

-

dibbons

Reaction score
I just found this old photo of the '65 Formula S after we removed the windshield. Are there some kind of clips at regular intervals around the perimeter of the windshield gasket sill or am I seeing things? Thank you.

windshield clips.jpg

If they're there, they don't belong there if you're keeping it stock.

Barracudas have no windshield/rear window molding or chrome period? Nothing on the outside, nothing on the inside? Only the rubber gasket with lock strip?

In the rear, you have the big wide chromed cast moldings, but, other than that, nothing but the gasket and "chrome" lock strip on the outside. There are some plastic panels on the inside of the back glass. Nothing else.

They almost look like clips that someone wrapped around the pinch weld, to hold the front of the headliner in. The headliner needs to go in before the front and back windows are installed. Just a guess!

Vinyl Top?

That's a good question. The original interior was gold, when I purchased it the interior was black (the build sheet under the black seats did not match the vehicle). Not sure if the vehicle had vinyl roof from the factory, but it was loaded otherwise (Formula S with A/C, power steering and brakes).

Agreed, I had 3 '66's with a vinyl top and none of them had a molding in the front. Just one over the roof, two tiny ones at the base of the windshield pillars, and different drip rail moldings.

-
Back