65 and 66 same????

-

MoparMan65

Reaction score
Ok guys I'm needing front fame rails for a 65 valiant and found a 66 dart stripped down for 100 bucks. Question is would the rails fit my car?? I know there are differences in the frame but could they work??

Im 99% they could work. Ask Whitepunk or Lee Robinson.

What do you mean by "frame differences"? I think the undercarriage is the same from 65 to 66. I think the engine bays were the same width and the K-frames interchange. Valiant and Dart did differ in wheelbase over the years, but probably doesn't affect the front rails. The main difference I understand for 1966 was the move of the wiper motor to the engine bay, which surely affects the firewall, but that varies even in the same year between AC and non-AC cars.

Ok guys I'm needing front fame rails for a 65 valiant and found a 66 dart stripped down for 100 bucks. Question is would the rails fit my car?? I know there are differences in the frame but could they work??
Yes, all 63-66 front and rear frame rails are the same. The difference in wheel base between Dodge and
Plymouth are in the main floors. All 63-66 K members are the same between 6 and V-8. 67 and up K members
are different between 6 and 8 cylinders.

What do you mean by "frame differences"? I think the undercarriage is the same from 65 to 66. I think the engine bays were the same width and the K-frames interchange. Valiant and Dart did differ in wheelbase over the years, but probably doesn't affect the front rails. The main difference I understand for 1966 was the move of the wiper motor to the engine bay, which surely affects the firewall, but that varies even in the same year between AC and non-AC cars.
The wiper change occurred in 67 also.

-
Back