65 barracuda headers help

-

cmac2105

Reaction score
alright so i bought some hooker headers for my 65 cuda and their being a pain in my *** as i expected. i read some where that i have to take out the torsion bars is that true? steering shaft has to come out i know that, what all mods have to be done to the body if any? it has a 727 am i gona have to modify it?

The early Barracuda take a different header than the 67 and later A body cars. Hopefully you have the right headers. I not aware of hooker headers that fit the early "A" body. Doesn't mean they don't make them but if they do they may be fenderwell exit or partial fenderwell exit style header.

Do you have a part number or did you buy them used? If you bought them used what year and model car were they on?

Those headers look right. I would think Hooker would have some directions.
Still not clear to me if they are fenderwell or inframe style headers.

they are listed for A-body 64-66 , hooker super competition , wow wat a set of noodles ! Those early A's tubes had some strange twists and turns
hok-5208hkr_w.jpg

You do realize that holes need to be cut in the inner fenders to mount those headers.

If you end up cutting holes make sure the exhaust ports are covered when cutting . I made the mistake of not doing that when I was younger. Ended up rebuilding that motor. lol...

I'm not 100% sure those are fender well exit, it sure doesn't say that on the summit site.

-
Back