65 Barracuda Trunk Lock Help

-

Badart

Reaction score
Like an idiot I shut my trunk lid and have no key. :banghead: Well I have had to remove the back seat to pop the clip on many mopars because of not having a key to the trunk lock, but my 65 Barracuda has me stumped, other than calling a locksmith.
I'm sure that most of the you know the hinged trunk floor covers the access to get to the clip to pull out the lock.
Should I try to drill it out the tumbler? Anyone try this? Any suggestions?

Fast and easy cut a hole in the wood reach in and pull the latches. Cut a new board and done.

Fast and easy cut a hole in the wood reach in and pull the latches. Cut a new board and done.

I kind of thought about that too and I really think it's the best option so far. It still cracks me up that they made that panel out of wood. Time to get out the jig saw. Thanks

I would just go to a Locksmith, for about $40 bucks they should be able to open it without cutting holes! While your there get and extra key make :yawinkle:

I would just go to a Locksmith, for about $40 bucks they should be able to open it without cutting holes! While your there get and extra key make :yawinkle:

Honestly I would do that, but I want to replace the wood panel anyway and all of the interior. The car is in the process of being torn down and I was going to buy new locks for the car anyway. I don't want to be fighting 47 year old locks.

Honestly I would do that, but I want to replace the wood panel anyway and all of the interior. The car is in the process of being torn down and I was going to buy new locks for the car anyway. I don't want to be fighting 47 year old locks.

You'll be hard pressed to find another trunk divider, and if you did cut a hole...also, shipping won't be cheap. I'd spend the $40., less agg and time spent restoring the hole in the divider but...if your making a race car out of it then "cut that ***** out"!

You'll be hard pressed to find another trunk divider, and if you did cut a hole...also, shipping won't be cheap. I'd spend the $40., less agg and time spent restoring the hole in the divider but...if your making a race car out of it then "cut that ***** out"!

A sheet of plywood is less than 40 bucks. He is not doing a 100 point restore so no need to buy an original board. He still has his board for a pattern. I see your point if it was a restore.

FYI "S" cars had a crescent milled out of back of board for the fatter spare. If you dont have a spare in the well or carpet, you could pop the body plug in the trunk bottom and fish a coat hanger up there and pop them....

-
Back