65 cuda Leak help

-

R0K3_B3aRd

Man with a Master plan.
Reaction score
Its been leaking under my car for a while and i have no clue what it is. SO can anyone help? Its right by the tranny.??? thanks sorry the pics are not too clear.

Attachments

• photo 1-8.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 166
  • photo 2-7.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 157
  • photo 3-7.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 149
  • photo 5-5.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 152
  • photo 4-7.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 148
looks to be rite where your shifter cable joins to the metal end fitting , or it may be the gasket where the cover meets at the tranny where the lines connect to the tranny inside that is a 904 or a push button trans correct ? start high and narrow it down to the lowest . those would be my 2 best guesses . the cable is 50 years old and got a leak at the connection , or the gasket is leaking .Mopars are notorious for leaking fluid. a lot of time it is where the dip stick leaked when it sat and the tourquenverter drained and backed up into the dip stick tube and leaked out the gasket there . or the rear mains always leaked , but that is deff tranny fluid .
clean that off real good but some times that can cause disruption tighten those bolts 1nce just a smidge then clean it , then wipe that cable high as you can see tranny fluid only could drip on it . plat forensic fluid tracker over a couple days mabee . I think its an old connection from this angle good pics tho. hey check that wet spot isn't dripping down gl with it

That looks like your park cable. Most of these have an O-ring in the end of the cable itself. Might just be that tiny O-ring. Can of $1.99 brake cleaner and some safety goggles. Douse the area and let it drip dry. Check next day or next hour. The red fluid gets black after its out picking up dirt and junk. oil leak back there may just be oil getting blown back there and collecting on a low spot, but my bet is on the O-ring.

That is your Park Brake cable. Get a hold of Pat Blais...... he has every piece for these transmissions.

Pat
Please note new email address: [email protected]

Please note: PERSONAL or BUSINESS checks require 15 BANKING days (approx. 21 calendar days) to clear before shipping merchandise.

Patrick Blais
Pat Blais Transmissions
Seattle
Specializing in 1960-1965 727 & 904 Torqueflites (1966+ also)

Please visit our eBay Store at: T'Flite Patty's Shop Mart
http://stores.ebay.com/TFlite-Pattys-Shop-Mart

Since you didn't know red = tranny fluid, we must take care to not overwhelm you with info. I agree w/ all above. Clean it off thoroughly. Gasoline works (don't smoke), but diesel is safer. Use a brush (even old toothbrush). If you have an air compressor, a blow-off tip cleans all the crevices.

It looks like a leak from the parking cable, but fluid collects at the lowest point, which is right there, so could be coming from anywhere above. I once had a leak from a large tailshaft bolt above there. To change the O-ring, you must release the parking cable. There is a trick w/ thin screwdrivers. Look at the service manual. It can also leak thru the cable sheath. I added rubber hose as a cover, curving up above the fluid level to fix that on my 65 C-body.

-
Back