Status
Not open for further replies.

azmopar

rust free parts guy
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 65 Dart Charger 273 Commando bucket seat auto on floor, factory AC (unusual for a Dart Charger) not rusty but does need reassembly, its all there minus front bumper. someone started tearing it apart years ago before I rescued it. ive had it quite a while now. ill trey to get some pics of it its the standard pale yellow with black interior. pm me for more info

lots of the trim and extra parts in the trunk

$3900 obo in AZ

Last edited:
I have a 65 Dart Charger 273 Commando bucket seat auto on floor, not rusty but does need reassembly, its all there minus front bumper. someone started tearing it apart years ago before I rescued it. ive had it quite a while now. ill trey to get some pics of it its the standard pale yellow with black interior. pm me for more info

$3900 obo in AZ
PM sent Thanks

pics of the dart

65dart1.jpg

65dart2.jpg

65dart3.jpg

65dart4.jpg

65dart5.jpg

65dart6.jpg

65dart7.jpg

I have a 65 Dart Charger 273 Commando bucket seat auto on floor, factory AC (unusual for a Dart Charger) not rusty but does need reassembly, its all there minus front bumper. someone started tearing it apart years ago before I rescued it. ive had it quite a while now. ill trey to get some pics of it its the standard pale yellow with black interior. pm me for more info

$3900 obo in AZ
Any pics of the Charger emblems?

Just curious how this is a true Dart Charger. I thought there were 150 dealer optioned (Dart Charger's) with fender,dash and Crager center cap emblems. Just asking.

$3900 obo in AZ
still for sale pretty hard to find car

Unless this can be documented as a real Dart "Charger", then it should be represented as a Dart GT, which I believe it is.

We seem to be missing something here, is there some tangible proof that this car is a Dart Charger, if so then what is it.
according to 65dartcharger the owner of the over restored one, by the VIN # it is one of them, the dealer made ones youll have to argue with him on that, hes the expert

according to 65dartcharger the owner of the over restored one, by the VIN # it is one of them, the dealer made ones youll have to argue with him on that, hes the expert
My main point here is, you're posting a car for sale, and you are making a claim about what the car is, yet you do not post any documentation to support you're claim. Don't tell me what someone else knows, or what someone else says, its your car, you should provide the facts to prove your claim. Post a picture of the VIN, and explain what in the VIN makes it a Dart Charger, is that so hard?

My main point here is, you're posting a car for sale, and you are making a claim about what the car is, yet you do not post any documentation to support you're claim. Don't tell me what someone else knows, or what someone else says, its your car, you should provide the facts to prove your claim. Post a picture of the VIN, and explain what in the VIN makes it a Dart Charger, is that so hard?
The fender tag picture is in the ad. Is that so hard???? Jeez

This is what I can come up with after collecting information on these cars with help from friends since 1989.

The factory Dartchargers were all assembled at the Los Angeles plant. First car known was assembled Sept 8, 1964. All factory cars was yellow and the VIN# starts with L455 and on the fendertag can be read 70xxx as the sequense number. The paint code on these cars is 991 or 999. The numbers that I have found is that the LA plant produced 180 factory cars. Out of these 180 cars around 30% was convertibles according to two salesmen selling these cars and one of them was the gentleman who sold my convertible at a dealership in Monrovia in beginning of January of 1965. The last sold factory Dartcharger I have in my registry is assembled March 4, 1965.

The production on the factory Dartchargers wasn't going so well so in November of 1964 they added kits for the dealers. These kits consists off a set of 13x5,5 Cragar S/S wheels with Dartcharger emblem, two fender emblem and one emblem for the instrument panel. These kits was delivered through out the United States. I have found information from another gentleman who did some research back in the early 90ies and according to him Chrysler produced some 300 kits for dealers. The deal was that the dealership should add these kits on a regular light yellow Dart GT that they had in the inventory equipped with a 273 4 barrel engine. That's is also the reason why some known Dartcharger kit cars has different color. They could not sell these kits! This information has been confirmed by a gentleman who sold Dartcharger kit cars in Pennsylvania where they added these kits on cars assembled at the Hamtramch plant in Detroit. The first produced "kit car" I have in my register is assembled November 3, 1964 and the last one June 3, 1965. All these cars have 881 as paint code if they don't have another color of cause.

Chrysler also introduced the Dart Go/Go package at the end of March/beginning of April 1965. The Dart Go/Go package was a Dart GT hardtop or convertible in yellow with the Cragar wheels with Cragar S/S center hubs. You could have your Go/Go package cars with any engine and any transmission. You could even have your car with racing stripes! Included is five pictures of the Dart Go/Go package cars. The first Go/Go package cars I have on the list is assembled March 13 and the last one June 14, 1965.

In this case azmopar your car is a factory Dartcharger with the 273 hp, automatic transmission, Cragar S/S wheels painted in light yellow with black vinyl top and a black interior. Your car was assembled five days ahead of my convertible.

65-04 Dart GT_Sample1.jpg

IMG1.jpg

Moparbilder 023.jpg

Moparbilder 024.jpg

morriss651.jpg

This is what I can come up with after collecting information on these cars with help from friends since 1989.

The factory Dartchargers were all assembled at the Los Angeles plant. First car known was assembled Sept 8, 1964. All factory cars was yellow and the VIN# starts with L455 and on the fendertag can be read 70xxx as the sequense number. The paint code on these cars is 991 or 999. The numbers that I have found is that the LA plant produced 180 factory cars. Out of these 180 cars around 30% was convertibles according to two salesmen selling these cars and one of them was the gentleman who sold my convertible at a dealership in Monrovia in beginning of January of 1965. The last sold factory Dartcharger I have in my registry is assembled March 4, 1965.

The production on the factory Dartchargers wasn't going so well so in November of 1964 they added kits for the dealers. These kits consists off a set of 13x5,5 Cragar S/S wheels with Dartcharger emblem, two fender emblem and one emblem for the instrument panel. These kits was delivered through out the United States. I have found information from another gentleman who did some research back in the early 90ies and according to him Chrysler produced some 300 kits for dealers. The deal was that the dealership should add these kits on a regular light yellow Dart GT that they had in the inventory equipped with a 273 4 barrel engine. That's is also the reason why some known Dartcharger kit cars has different color. They could not sell these kits! This information has been confirmed by a gentleman who sold Dartcharger kit cars in Pennsylvania where they added these kits on cars assembled at the Hamtramch plant in Detroit. The first produced "kit car" I have in my register is assembled November 3, 1964 and the last one June 3, 1965. All these cars have 881 as paint code if they don't have another color of cause.

Chrysler also introduced the Dart Go/Go package at the end of March/beginning of April 1965. The Dart Go/Go package was a Dart GT hardtop or convertible in yellow with the Cragar wheels with Cragar S/S center hubs. You could have your Go/Go package cars with any engine and any transmission. You could even have your car with racing stripes! Included is five pictures of the Dart Go/Go package cars. The first Go/Go package cars I have on the list is assembled March 13 and the last one June 14, 1965.

In this case azmopar your car is a factory Dartcharger with the 273 hp, automatic transmission, Cragar S/S wheels painted in light yellow with black vinyl top and a black interior. Your car was assembled five days ahead of my convertible.

View attachment 1715232483

View attachment 1715232484

View attachment 1715232485

View attachment 1715232486

View attachment 1715232487
ok thanks Ulf for the clarification, :thankyou: hopefully ALL are satisfied now. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back