65 Dart, GT, GO Go Edition

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW that is sweet!!!!!!!!! Wish it was in Wisconsin

It's a nice looking car. I'd want to see some documentation that there was any such thing as a "Go Go edition" of the '65 Dart. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure there wasn't.

There was a go go edition dart, ask the member 65dartcharger about it. They had convertibles and hard tops, and came out when the 65 dart first was released.

Yeah, they exist. I have an original factory brochure...Here's a few pics.

20120831140646.jpg

20120831140707.jpg

20120831140722h.jpg

"It's Go Go Time!" appears to be a slogan (like "Get Your Kicks in Dart '66" the following year, and "Join the Dodge Rebellion" in '67). I'm not seeing anything in the brochure suggesting the existence of a "special GoGo edition" Dart. Could you get racing stripes? Yes, you could. A couple different kinds. Show me a piece of factory documentation of the "GoGo edition" or "GoGo package". I have a great deal of '65 Dart factory literature, and I'm not seeing any such a mention.

"It's Go Go Time!" appears to be a slogan (like "Get Your Kicks in Dart '66" the following year, and "Join the Dodge Rebellion" in '67). I'm not seeing anything in the brochure suggesting the existence of a "special GoGo edition" Dart. Could you get racing stripes? Yes, you could. A couple different kinds. Show me a piece of factory documentation of the "GoGo edition" or "GoGo package". I have a great deal of '65 Dart factory literature, and I'm not seeing any such a mention.

Dan! Tomorrow I will shoot some pictures of the broschure, the radio commercial, the record and the filmstrip. I think I have the order form for the wheels too!!

It does look like it since the rivets are missing

Cliff! The car are exactly how it left the factory! In 1965 there wasn't any rivets for the VIN tag. All tags were spot welded in place after the paint was applayed. If you check out the picture you will see tracks of the spot welder.

Cliff! The car are exactly how it left the factory! In 1965 there wasn't any rivets for the VIN tag. All tags were spot welded in place after the paint was applayed. If you check out the picture you will see tracks of the spot welder.

Thanks I didn't know that.

As promised here is some stuff about the 1965 Dart go/go package.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 1,554
  • 006.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,511
  • 007.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,506
  • 008.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 1,522
  • 014.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 1,501
  • 012.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 1,508
  • 011.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,524
  • 009.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 1,516
  • 015.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 1,474
More to come... Check out the radio commercial.

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 1,485
  • 019.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 1,478
  • 018.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 1,480
  • 017.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 1,453
  • 016.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 1,487
  • 021.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,449
  • 022.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 1,513
  • 023.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 1,461
  • 024.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 1,461
You guys amaze me.
So does that car. I think it's special, and so is the price for something like that.

Interesting materials. Looks as if the "Go Go package" was a dealer-installed set of stripes and bolt-ons in conjunction with an advertising campaign. Not any kind of a limited-edition factory package,.

That's a cool car for a great price. That is some serious documentation. I love that stuff.

It be nice if someone did a restoration of the car and rounded up all possible go/go stuff. That would be rare and probably worth some later on. I guess that the FABO community would be of great help for that person.

A couple of obvious problems with THIS car. Wrong air cleaner and wrong paint treatment on the valve covers. The car seems to not be as original as claimed...

Interesting materials. Looks as if the "Go Go package" was a dealer-installed set of stripes and bolt-ons in conjunction with an advertising campaign. Not any kind of a limited-edition factory package,.
Maybe it has those German 3496 Bulbs in it? (Sorry Guys, inside joke) Dan, I have to agree with you on this one. It seem to be all about the Adversing/sales campaign and not really a Special edition. I guess we could check the Fender tag?? Maybe??

A couple of obvious problems with THIS car. Wrong air cleaner and wrong paint treatment on the valve covers. The car seems to not be as original as claimed...

Also, where are the crager wheels. From the documentation they should have been dealer installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back