65 Dart, GT, GO Go Edition

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, where are the crager wheels. From the documentation they should have been dealer installed.
I believe the Cragars were an option and not standard equipment. I emailed him for a picture of Fender tag & build sheet. We'll see what happens.

i dont think any of that dealer installed stuff would show up on the certi-card or the data plate. only if it left the factory as an option. even if the car was 100% legit, i dont think one could physically prove it. of course i could be wrong...

The option plate will tell you what color it is/was. Should say 999 for special order yellow with black interior.

A couple of obvious problems with THIS car. Wrong air cleaner and wrong paint treatment on the valve covers. The car seems to not be as original as claimed...

I see that the racing stripes are not centered on the car. The hardtop had the racing stripes centered on the car while on the 'vert was off-centered to the driver's side. I suppose the dealer could have installed them that way per the original customer. I'll dig my literature out on the application of the stripes and see what it says.

i dont think any of that dealer installed stuff would show up on the certi-card or the data plate. only if it left the factory as an option. even if the car was 100% legit, i dont think one could physically prove it. of course i could be wrong...

Nope, you're exactly right. Dealer-installed equipment and other modifications done after the car left the factory (racing stripes, etc.) do not show up on the Certicard or fender tag or build sheet. The only way to prove such a car would be an original invoice spelling out the modifications or at least referring to the group of modifications by name ("Go Go pkg" or whatever).

Factory special packages (Western Sport Special, Gold Duster, etc.), on the other hand, do show up on the fender tag.

No Certicards til '66.

The option plate will tell you what color it is/was. Should say 999 for special order yellow with black interior.

That was only for pre-April 1st cars. After that date that yellow was available with code 881. You could get any engine in the GO GO package after April 1st. Ulf has determined that my 65 GT 'vert was ordered as a GO-GO car as the code under the "NUMBER" starts with 06 - which he said was specifically for GO GO cars.

Ulf has determined that my 65 GT 'vert was ordered as a GO-GO car as the code under the "NUMBER" starts with 06 - which he said was specifically for GO GO cars.

Still waiting on any documentation that a car could be "ordered as a GO-GO car". So far we're in agreement that it was a dealer add-on package, and the only corporate involvement was an ad campaign. C'mon, Ulf, show us some support for the assertion that a GO-GO car has a special number on the fender tag.

No Certicards til '66.

According to my 65 Parts Catalog Page INF-5 dated Sept 4, 1964, a Certicard was used and as I understand it, was simply placed in the glove box. The 66 models had the Certicard placed plastic holder on the right inner fender

My dart is a go go car conv. 999 paint code and a 2 designation. Don't really know if it makes the value of the car climb tromendously but its kinda cool option and the documentation ulf has is super cool! I don't plan on selling mine so value means very little to me. Doing a tasteful Restomod anyway but it's roots are unusual.

This is my car, I purchased it over a year ago. The car is basically as it left the dealer in mid 1965. The washer motor is aftermarket, the previous owner added shoulder seatbelts, I have no clue why? The wiper blade arms are obviously aftermarket. Other than that it's all original, I have more pictures and or could take anything someone requests. It is up for sale though and I do have one interested person in Ohio. I also understand from a person named Ulf, this is the first car off the assembly line. I would love to find out how to get that actually documented, any ideas?

Chris

This is my car, I purchased it over a year ago. The car is basically as it left the dealer in mid 1965. The washer motor is aftermarket, the previous owner added shoulder seatbelts, I have no clue why? The wiper blade arms are obviously aftermarket. Other than that it's all original, I have more pictures and or could take anything someone requests. It is up for sale though and I do have one interested person in Ohio. I also understand from a person named Ulf, this is the first car off the assembly line. I would love to find out how to get that actually documented, any ideas?

Chris

Chris, I emailed you earlier today. Nice car, if it were a 4 speed I'd have
bought it! Good luck.

Chris

Chris! The Dart go/go package was officially introduced April 1st 1965. I have spoken with two dealers who sold them. One of them remembers them coming in the beginning of April.

As Slantsixdan and 65dartman said Go/go package was just a dealer kit helping Dodge to sell more cars. That's why you could choose all options or just pick one. If you didn't want the Cragar wheels, standard wheels was ok.

Your car is the first Dart go/go package car that I have in my registry!

All factory Dartchargers had a shipping order number starting with 7xxxx and 991 or 999 as paint code.The documented Dartcharger kit cars I have found has the shipping order number starting with 06xxx and paint code 881. The first Dartcharger I have found was assembled Sept 2, 1964 and the last one I have found was built March 2 of 1965.

Dart go/go package cars has shipping order number 06xxx or 3xxxx and paintcode 881. First one known produced March 17 is this car and the last one June 14th of 65 , thats what I have in my registry.

Remember that code 991, 999 and 881 was just for the paint. Not the interior. P4X for black and P4Y for white and gold. The first car I have found with white and gold interior was built in eary December of 1964. I havent found any documentation about this white/gold interior.

Well, my 1965 Dart GT has been sold to a Mopar fan, he has 5 other dodge vehicles. I am glad she ended up with someone who really appreciates her.

It is a rare car.. Dart Chargers and Go-Go Dart GT's were sold in 8 of the western states and built in the LA plant. The Charger was produced from Oct 1964 - Jan 1965 and the Go-Go Dart was built till the end of April 1965. They both had the 10.5:1 compression 235 HP 273 with a 4-barrel AFB carb.
The Go-Go Darts came with the choice of an Auto or 4-speed and a 7.25 rear.
While the Charger usually had a 4-speed and an 8.75.
The production Dart GT had a 180 HP 273 with 8.8:1 compression, 2-barrel carb and a 7.25 rear.
Both The Dart Charger and Go-Go GT had finned rocker covers, chrome air cleaners and duel point distributers. While the GT had the stamped block color rocker covers and single points.

Confusing..
http://forums.moparmusclemagazine.c...erformance-cars-and-trucks/1965-dart-charger/

I have a Dart GT.. VIN #L45516189x. LA built March 1965, 881 Pale Yellow, black top and black bucket seats, 273 V-8 10.5:1 CR, 4 barrel, 904 auto, 7.25 rear with 3.23:1 gears. The Dart has back-up lights, 10" drum brakes, HD rear springs, power steering and NO factory A/C .

The Cragars were cool.. My father said not too many people liked chrome or the undersized 13" option when they also had the 14x4.5 steel wheels. As the drag strip goes not to many tire choices for 13" wheels. I think there was a separate order form for the Go-Go package to get the 13"x5.5" polished or 13"x5.5" chrome wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back