'65 Fan Shroud

-

chewy

Some old guy...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
A guy in the local club offered to sell me an '65 fan shroud originally pulled off a Formula S. He says both pieces are in excellent condition, but wont give a price, wants me to offer. I have no Idea what they are worth.

Any thoughts on what I should offer?

Thanks. I was thinking around 75-100. The price you paid seems about inline with that.

IF it is the 2 piece metal shroud and IF it is for the 22 inch radiator and IF, and especially IF it has the mounting brackets, which are very hard to find if you don't get them with the shroud, I'd expect to see it for sale at $200-250. I would offer him $100.00 and see if he bites and work on the deal from there. 65Dartcharger got a heck of a deal at the price he paid, unless his was a 6 cyl piece!! Geof

IF it is the 2 piece metal shroud and IF it is for the 22 inch radiator and IF, and especially IF it has the mounting brackets, which are very hard to find if you don't get them with the shroud, I'd expect to see it for sale at $200-250. I would offer him $100.00 and see if he bites and work on the deal from there. 65Dartcharger got a heck of a deal at the price he paid, unless his was a 6 cyl piece!! Geof

Geoff! No, it was a 273 piece.I know it was a great deal. But no so good. But every once in a while you need those deals too...!

Geoff! No, it was a 273 piece.I know it was a great deal. But no so good. But every once in a while you need those deals too...!

Thats a two thumbs up dartcharger!! Glad to hear you scored such a great deal, you deserve a break!!! Geof

X2. The brackets are harder to find than the shroud. If your radiator never had a shroud, you'll need the cage nuts for that installation also. This assuming, of course, that you have the factory radiator. You'll have to make some brackets for an aftermarket unit.

They rePop the mounting brackets for the metal ones, seen them on eBay before, they are a little spendy but you can get them.

Thanks 66340sedan, I guess I haven't looked for them in a while. It figures that someone should make them.....they don't look too difficult....but I don't imagine there is a huge demand so it would take a while to get back your tooling costs.

I think max wedge cars or other 64-66 hemi b-bodies with metal shrouds had the same mounting brackets and that is why they make them and have the "hemi" price, kinda like the plastic 273 wire holders, they make them cause 426's had them and they are spendy, even for a 273

I have one in the for sale section, with mounting brackets and bolts. Will pair it with a 22 inch radiator if the shroud doesnt sell by itself.

It is the 2-piece shroud, plus the mounting brackets. My radiator is the original 4-speed V8 Radiator, upgraded last spring to set of high efficiency copper cores

The owner of the shroud had planned to put it on a formula S he restored, but never put it on the car before he sold it. I'll give him a call and see what he'll let it go for.

I think max wedge cars or other 64-66 hemi b-bodies with metal shrouds had the same mounting brackets and that is why they make them and have the "hemi" price, kinda like the plastic 273 wire holders, they make them cause 426's had them and they are spendy, even for a 273

B-body bracket are different. I pulled a set of the brackets from a B-body years ago to have spares just in case. Found out they are longer than the ones for my commando.

I sold 22 inck one on here last year without the brackets and it was snapped immediately up for $125. I had at least another dozen PMs trying to buy it. I even had 2 higher offers but I had already pulled the trigger.

If you don't have a show car, I don't think they would be too hard to make.

attachment.php

-
Back