65 Valiant HT/65 Dart HT interchange

-

B-onefan

Reaction score
I have a 65 Valiant Signet hardtop and the previous owner removed the 1/4 glass, and removed the regulators and channels and threw them away. He did keep the glass and I have it. I have a 65 Dart GT parts car that has all of the stuff that is missing from the Valiant. Now, does anyone know or have a interchange manual to show that these parts will interchange or am I going to need to find the Valiant parts from another Valiant?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

The Dart is longer as I recall the doors will swap but the 1/4 glass is where the difference is. I have not owned a Dart so do not know for sure.

Yes, 63-66 Darts (except wagons) have a 111 inch wheel base and the 63-66 Valiants (and Dart wagons) are 106. The difference is in the rear foot room area. The door should interchange hard top to hard top, trim will likely be different.

Yes, 63-66 Darts (except wagons) have a 111 inch wheel base and the 63-66 Valiants (and Dart wagons) are 106. The difference is in the rear foot room area. The door should interchange hard top to hard top, trim will likely be different.

But will the window regulator, glass channels and stuff in the 1/4 panels interchange?

But will the window regulator, glass channels and stuff in the 1/4 panels interchange?

I checked the part numbers in my 66 parts manual and found the Dart and Valiant hardtop quarter window regulators have different part numbers. My guess is they do not interchange.

I checked the part numbers in my 66 parts manual and found the Dart and Valiant hardtop quarter window regulators have different part numbers. My guess is they do not interchange.

That is what I was looking for. Now back to the parts search!

-
Back