650 Holley spread bore. Anybody using one?

-

Bodyperson

Pedal to the metal
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I always thought the 650 mechanical secondary spread-bore Holley would be an excellent street carb on a mild small block. Replacing a thermoquad. Anybody running one?

I had one long ago. It didn't impress me but it did work fine. In keeping with the spreadbore design, the QJ is the TQ replacement. Not the Holley.

The 650 spreadbore Holley would work very well on a high performance 318 or a moderate street performer/ street duty performing 340/360.

The 340/360 can use a 750 on a stock engine. (Even better with headers and a cam.)

Very touchy,doable... I would rather have a decent Thermoquad, or a 3310 series Holley 750 vacuum secondary... If you know carb basics..., they can work ,well....

I had one long ago. It didn't impress me but it did work fine. In keeping with the spreadbore design, the QJ is the TQ replacement. Not the Holley.

The 650 spreadbore Holley would work very well on a high performance 318 or a moderate street performer/ street duty performing 340/360.

The 340/360 can use a 750 on a stock engine. (Even better with headers and a cam.)
Are you saying the Holley isn't a direct bolt on to a stock TQ manifold?

I agree with you,and would like to add for those that just has to have a holley spreadbore that there was 800cfm doublepumper spreadbores available at one point in time. kind of hard to find,i have only seen one in 15years but they are out there.

I've been searching the web and the consensus is Holleys suck. (power valves) Hmmm. I like the idea of small primaries and wacking the secondaries manually. It just seems perfect for a good breathing street motor.
I don't have much experience aside of AFB's. All the quadrajets I have had have been bullet proof too.

Are you saying the Holley isn't a direct bolt on to a stock TQ manifold?
If in ment to say it I would have said that because there is no shortage of me speaking my mind here or in person.

What do you mean what am I saying ??? What kind of crap is that? Jesus freaking Christ all mighty!!!

Why would you think I need
To be around the bush? As if I'm trying to screw you!

GOD DANM!!! WTF?!?!?

If in ment to say it I would have said that because there is no shortage of me speaking my mind here or in person.

What do you mean what am I saying ??? What kind of crap is that? Jesus freaking Christ all mighty!!!

Why would you think I need
To be around the bush? As if I'm trying to screw you!

GOD DANM!!! WTF?!?!?
This response has more ambiguity than the first response.

I have one of those 650 Spread Bores sitting on the shelf. Direct replacement for the TQuad, with Chrysler linkage and all.
$75 plus shipping, if you're interested. Throw a kit at it, and you're good to go.

I have one of those 650 Spread Bores sitting on the shelf. Direct replacement for the TQuad, with Chrysler linkage and all.
$75 plus shipping, if you're interested. Throw a kit at it, and you're good to go.
I appreciate the offer but my research is steering me away. That seems like a fair price though.

-
Back