66 /6

-

Ceedawg

Reaction score
Well after 4 months of pouring trans fluid-diesel fuel down the carb I got it to move a little. After 2 days more it can turn over by grabbing the fan belt. So maybe it’s ok, I got whole car in a package deal for parts and engine was supposed to have been rebuilt 20 odd years ago but never run (4 door car). Might try to fire it upc Has a new rebuilt carb and real clean under valve cover.

For some reason every sl/6 I've tried to resurrect after sitting for a few yrs had valves stuck in the guides. You might try soaking the valve stems with penetrating oil and rapping them with a dead blow (soft-face)hammer to make sure they're free.

Not long ago I bought a "Ran when pulled" Slant. Only had compression in 1 cylinder. Have been soaking with Blaster and turning it over once in awhile.Need to check for stuck valves as rustycowll69 stated. I have no need for it at this time. But plans for the future is to get it running.

For some reason every sl/6 I've tried to resurrect after sitting for a few yrs had valves stuck in the guides. You might try soaking the valve stems with penetrating oil and rapping them with a dead blow (soft-face)hammer to make sure they're free.
I’ll check them but my crank wouldn’t budge a fraction.

We would squirt Marvel mystery oil into each cylinder through the spark plug holes. Work it by hand until it turns. Might take s week to work into the cylinder &rings. Get some good gas & starting fluid .Dump a little through the carb & crank .It would start .Slants are tough SOB's.

We would squirt Marvel mystery oil into each cylinder through the spark plug holes. Work it by hand until it turns. Might take s week to work into the cylinder &rings. Get some good gas & starting fluid .Dump a little through the carb & crank .It would start .Slants are tough SOB's.
Now that it turns that’s the next step to get it running.

-
Back