66 Barracuda Headers - Help!

-
Just for anyone that ever crosses this subject, they are a Cyclone header. Original part number 10741.

Hedman (the now owner of Cyclone) does not have anything on these anymore, nor do they have an interest in anything regarding them.

Just thought I would update the info on the subject! :)

.... Are Cyclones even still available?

Thanks!

Robert

Awwww Yeahhhhhhh! (Macho Man Randy Savage) well, I suppose they are still out there used...

My header hall of fame..actually just 2 sets. Your Cyclones without the collectors, and some strange "super expensive when new" 67 1 7/8 adjustable Hooker Super Comps that I am working on making fit a 65 chassis. I gotta address that surface rust....

Attachments

• Anaheim-Santa Ana-Garden Grove-20130311-00789.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 232
  • Anaheim-Santa Ana-Garden Grove-20130311-00790.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 221
F O R S A L E early a body hooker header brand new NOS $600 FIRM !!!

I could bring them to spring Carlisle to save the shipping 613-802-1771 is my cell

Those are what i am running and have had a wanted ad on forever,still welding and patching .

Hmmm. My email updates must not be working! Didn't know y'all responded! :(

Thanks for the response! I have finally started working on the Back-a-ruda.

pishta and 67....PMs on the way.

Before:

DSC_2666_zpsb948b7c2.jpg

DSC_2660_zps7ba37924.jpg

DSC_2664_zps4c4ccf9e.jpg

DSC_2665_zps0a891528.jpg

DSC_2661_zpsedfe3604.jpg

Now removed:

012_3030_zps546c550b.jpg

012_3031_zpse06c8101.jpg

012_3032_zpsc0396409.jpg

Now a question. I presume there are no new headers available that will fit those holes in my fender? Anyone else have more pics of Hedmans, Hookers, etc? Page one in this thread has a few but....

Awwww Yeahhhhhhh! (Macho Man Randy Savage) well, I suppose they are still out there used...

My header hall of fame..actually just 2 sets. Your Cyclones without the collectors, and some strange "super expensive when new" 67 1 7/8 adjustable Hooker Super Comps that I am working on making fit a 65 chassis. I gotta address that surface rust....

Those don't look like Cyclones at all. The rear tube is shaped wrong and all 4 tubes should turn toward the rear of the car before they form into the collector.

Hooker Super Comp fenderwall's on my 66 Valiant, I really like them. Last pic shows the covers for the holes removed for when it gets really hot, lets more hot air out :glasses7:

Attachments

• Picture 282.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 192
  • Picture 281.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 191
  • Picture 279.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 188
  • Picture 2336.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 201
66 340

Wow! My compliments! That is a clean engine bay! Also love the way your cut out covers look. Sooooooo clean! :)

Well I may just end up with those yet as well. What size of tube is that?

EDIT: I see hooker has many available for Gen 1 Cudas. What style is that?

EDIT 2: Do the two pipes on the passenger side and the one on the drivers go inboard of the frame rail? Do I see that right?

yep, your seeing that right, two on the inside, passenger side, one inside drivers side, exit inside the frame rails under the car.....
higgs

Here is some pictures of mine. They have a few minor scrathes from storage that would probably polish out. They also need an over all polishing for some more shine. I guess mothers aluminum polish is suppose to work great.

Built by Smiley Custom Headers http://smileysheaders.com/ a long time ago.

edit:
1.75" measured on outside of primary tube.
3" collector

Have these now installed on my 64. Took a bit more trimming with the bigger tubes. They actually clear my master cylinder a bit better that the other cyclones I had on the car.

Here is some pictures of mine. They have a few minor scrathes from storage that would probably polish out. They also need an over all polishing for some more shine. I guess mothers aluminum polish is suppose to work great.

Built by Smiley Custom Headers http://smileysheaders.com/ a long time ago.

edit:
1.75" measured on outside of primary tube.
3" collector

Here's a pic of those headers in my car. I bought them several years ago. Yes, they are based on the cyclone 1 3/4"

Attachments

• new headers 2 (2).jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 184
  • new headers 2 (1).jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 179
  • 64 dart Caliper 2 (2).jpg
    82 KB · Views: 201
Just swapped in some new upper control arms and took these, you can see the pipes...Hooker Super Comp Fenderwall Early-A headers

Attachments

• DSC08355.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 177
  • DSC08354.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC08347.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 183
66 340

Wow! My compliments! That is a clean engine bay! Also love the way your cut out covers look. Sooooooo clean! :)

Well I may just end up with those yet as well. What size of tube is that?

EDIT: I see hooker has many available for Gen 1 Cudas. What style is that?

EDIT 2: Do the two pipes on the passenger side and the one on the drivers go inboard of the frame rail? Do I see that right?

Thanks alot! The covers were easy to make too. Can't remember the size of the pipes but I will try to look them up for you.

Moparboy, I just got done putting my new headers on my 65. Got them from t.t.i., looks awesome 1 3/4 tube 3" collectors well worth the money! They don't make that header you're looking for anymore, I looked into it myself.

Who is this Macho Nacho guy you speaketh of?

You have to say the late Macho Man now, as he died of a heart attack as he was driving and then ran head on into a tree.
He was a Pro wrassler.
Pretty good one two.
He had one of the most beautiful young woman I have ever seen as his assistant near the end of his career.

cudamike13

Here's a pic of those headers in my car. I bought them several years ago. Yes, they are based on the cyclone 1 3/4"

Nice!! Those are the smiley headers? They look good! :):blob:

Just swapped in some new upper control arms and took these, you can see the pipes...Hooker Super Comp Fenderwall Early-A headers

Nice! Fully following now! Thanks!

Moparboy, I just got done putting my new headers on my 65. Got them from t.t.i., looks awesome 1 3/4 tube 3" collectors well worth the money! They don't make that header you're looking for anymore, I looked into it myself.

What do the TTI ones look like? I see the hookers above, but if you could post a few pics, it would be much appreciated. Have yet to see a good pic of them. Are they inner or outer frame rail?

You have to say the late Macho Man now, as he died of a heart attack as he was driving and then ran head on into a tree.
He was a Pro wrassler.
Pretty good one two.
He had one of the most beautiful young woman I have ever seen as his assistant near the end of his career.

cudamike13

Ah. Thanks for the update cudamike. That sucks. RIP man. :(

-
Back