66 barracuda k-frame

-

moparjoe69

Reaction score
hello i was wondering if the k-frame of a slant 6 and v-8 k-frame are the same on early a bodys.i have a 66 cuda with a 6 and am swapping in a 318,i puchased a k frame from a guy on e-bay and he said its from a v-8 car but it looks the same as the 6 k-frame i already have.any one know?

Early A K's are the same whether slant or V8. Only difference is the motor mounts for each.

I recently started a/6 to v-8 project myself and found out only the center link is different. You will also need a V-8 gas pedal set up

I beleive I have the 68 /6 cable and bedal in my 64, but is a little longer than the V-8 cable.

The center link on some /6 cars had the V - 8 center link just look to see if theres a bend in it on each side. If not it probably needs to be changed to allow the V-8 pan to clear.

Early A K's are the same whether slant or V8. Only difference is the motor mounts for each.
The '63-6 K-members interchange but the '63-4 K-member is slightly different than the '65-6 K-member. 6 and 8 are the same but the early one doesn't have holes for a sway bar.

-
Back