[WANTED] 66 Barracuda original in dash tach

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
With an original you will also need the tach sending unit that is mounted behind the left kick panel. While the Herb's Parts one is not anywhere near correct the price is actually pretty good. If I had a '66 tach in my pile of parts I would take that little for it.

I hadn't seen one priced. I didn't know it needed a sending unit either only having experience with newer tachs. Thanks for the info.

$225 is cheap! Youll need the "pancake" sender for the OEM Stewart Warner unit and it wont work with electronic ignition. I dont think youll find a cheaper one than that. The '65's are crazy expensive. Were the 66's any different looking?

I'm honestly not sure. I would hope they were the same. But I know the '66 is a one off for lots of parts.

I'm honestly not sure. I would hope they were the same. But I know the '66 is a one off for lots of parts.
I believe the 65 was off the main gauge cluster to the left. the 66 in in place of the performance indicator(vacuum) to the right of the speedo. and ya Crazy $$.
.. Photo will not load right now..

image1.jpeg

I believe the 65 was off the main gauge cluster to the left. the 66 in in place of the performance indicator(vacuum) to the right of the speedo. and ya Crazy $$.
.. Photo will not load right now..
didn't find a photo in the dash but the first pic in this thread shows the 65 tach differance.

65 barracuda factory tachometer wiring ?

yeah, 66 is way different. I could bounce the needle on that old 6000 RPM tach at will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back