66 Cuda Hood Latch / 4 Speed Hump

-

imager

Reaction score
Hello,

Getting going on my 66 cuda project and though I would ask you guys 2 questions or opinions really.

1- 4 Speed hump??? The Car came with a 904 and I would like to convert it to a 4 speed floor shift one day, but for now so I can get it up and enjoy her I will be putting the 904 back in it. My though is while I have it down and apart for paint and body work is to add the hump and put a plate over it and carpet over it until I get the cash and money to add a 4 speed? What do you guys think? Should I do this or wait until I get the 4 speed???

2- I would like to convert the hood release to a inside hood release and have a few ideas about this but would like to here if anyone has done this and how they went about doing it.

Thanks for all your time....

I don't see any reason you can't install a 4 speed hump, just put some kind of console on it and no one will ever know.

Is the hood latch on the hood or the radiator support on a 1966? I know on my '65 it is on the hood and looks to be a PITA to change to a remote style release.

The inside hood release came on mid seventies Darts and Valiants. Pretty simple, maybe a release and cable to the inside, if I remember correctly.

Its on the radiator support.

I don't see any reason you can't install a 4 speed hump, just put some kind of console on it and no one will ever know.

Is the hood latch on the hood or the radiator support on a 1966? I know on my '65 it is on the hood and looks to be a PITA to change to a remote style release.

If it is on the radiator support you should be able to take one from just about any car through the present. It is a very basic system and should be easily adapted.

-
Back