66 Cuda Rearended pics

-

jimmyray

Reaction score
As you may remember, My duaghters 66 Cuda was rear-ended 1.5 weeks after I installed a rebuilt 273. We settled with the Insurance co. for $9250, less the towing, and I keep the car.

Anyway, she was rear ended by a newer Solara convertible. We think she must have hit the brakes hard, causing the car to dive, and slide slightly below the bumper of the Cuda. The Cuda bumper and under trunk filler was crunched, causing a slight wrinkle in the quarter panel. But the Solara... Woa!

Attachments

• Pic07.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 157
  • Pic08.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 162
  • Pic09.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 161
  • Pic10.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 168
Getting rearended sux, like I said when it happened to me 'it could have been alot worse.' Be sure you watch the bodyshop like a hawk so they do everything right.

The insurance company did you good in my opinion. Sounds like they gave you what it is worth as they should have done. In my honest opinion I would take that check and go by your daughter a "safe" car by todays standards and fix up the cuda for her to enjoy later in life. I have a daughter that's about a year away from getting her permit and honestly it scares me to death. Not just the fact that she's my daughter but the fact that there are so many people on the road nowadays that don't pay attention to jack ****. I really wanted to get her an old mopar for her first car, but after having my accident in my swinger I feel I need to get her a car that has a few more safety features. Such as air bags and knee bolsters that give a little bit. I broke my left knee in the crash because of the emergency brake handle. Just imagine what the front of the cuda would have looked like if it had rear ended the solara. It would have been a lot worse. Just be thankful your daiighter wasn't hurt badly. Good luck with whatever you decide to do! Make sure you update the thread too!

You did good by getting paid for the work you did on the Cuda and getting to keep it too.It looks like it could be pulled/fixed.Good luck.:cheers:

As you may remember, My duaghters 66 Cuda was rear-ended 1.5 weeks after I installed a rebuilt 273. We settled with the Insurance co. for $9250, less the towing, and I keep the car.

Anyway, she was rear ended by a newer Solara convertible. We think she must have hit the brakes hard, causing the car to dive, and slide slightly below the bumper of the Cuda. The Cuda bumper and under trunk filler was crunched, causing a slight wrinkle in the quarter panel. But the Solara... Woa!
.....................................................................................................
Maybe this guy has some parts you can use jimmyray.......
PLYMOUTH VALIANT/BARRACUDA 1966 PARTING OUT,PARTS ONLY: eBay Motors (item 1404

.....................................................................................................
Maybe this guy has some parts you can use jimmyray.....

Thanks for the tip! I actually went to his house 2 months ago, and got a few odds and ends. He does not have any 66 parts right now, though.

-
Back